lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-10-2012, 01:59 PM   #11
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: G9 throttle

I forgot, I set them so the top of the pedal moves about 1" from starting (switch on) to where the carb starts to open. If you don't leave that slack the pedal is too touchy to go slow with or start without it taking off....and I still get full throttle at carb and with no governor. If you really have to you can take the pedal off and move it up a spline on the shaft to get more travel, but if the pedal is too upright it is hard to use.

People like to pull the cable back because for some other carts it makes them faster. For yamaha you adjust the governor for faster and leave the cable alone.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-10-2012, 02:53 PM   #12
Take_em
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks again sho. I adjusted the switch yesterday but in the process of removing the pedal I busted the bracket that mounts to the shaft. So......I have to get another pedal before I can fine tune it but I think I have a much better understanding of how it should work now. Thanks for the help.
Take_em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:55 PM   #13
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Sorry to hear, I hunt mushrooms at certain times and it works really nice to be able to idle the cart. I can 'walk' by the good spots on the trail looking for them. Hoping to drop a clone in there this year but was able to get the other one I put in to idle very close to what stock does. The clone will hit the compression release if it idles too slow, but on the other hand the cut sheave makes it go slower at the slowest speed.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha