lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-08-2012, 04:24 PM   #1
yamahadude
Not Yet Wild

Default G22 no forward only reverse

I've got a G22 that will only go in reverse. I jacked it up and with the lever in reverse position if I spin the rear wheels backwards by hand the motor will the motor and secondary clutch will spin, so I know its engaged. If i do the same in the forward position, it just free spins, so it doesnt feel like its engaging in the trans. Cables look fine. Do you suppose its the input shaft? I am assuming I need to drop the rear axle. Is there a rebuild kit for the trans? thanks!
yamahadude is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-08-2012, 05:42 PM   #2
tacomaman
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: G22 no forward only reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahadude View Post
I've got a G22 that will only go in reverse. I jacked it up and with the lever in reverse position if I spin the rear wheels backwards by hand the motor will the motor and secondary clutch will spin, so I know its engaged. If i do the same in the forward position, it just free spins, so it doesnt feel like its engaging in the trans. Cables look fine. Do you suppose its the input shaft? I am assuming I need to drop the rear axle. Is there a rebuild kit for the trans? thanks!
have you checked it to see if it was ran out of oil? we had a g16 come in the other day.....no forward,only reverse. the gears were all burned slap up....the cover plate had been peeled back a bit at the bottom and all the oil was gone for a good while. nothing but grey powder when i pulled it all apart.
tacomaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:58 PM   #3
yamahadude
Not Yet Wild

You mean trans fluid? I don't think it has as far as I can tell. I think I'm gonna pull the rear out tomorrow and take a closer look at everything.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:16 PM   #4
tacomaman
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
You mean trans fluid? I don't think it has as far as I can tell. I think I'm gonna pull the rear out tomorrow and take a closer look at everything.
trans fluid/diff fluid....same thing. if its been ran on low oil or none at all......you'll know soon as you take it apart. if i could figure out how to post pics from my phone here....i'd show you the g16 rear end i pulled the other day.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:27 PM   #5
yamahadude
Not Yet Wild

Got the rear out and noticed the rear case cover was slammed against something at some point, enough to let the fluid leak out. Removed the side cover and its full of ground up metal. The one gear that engages forward is totally shot and ground to nothing. Ordered new parts today.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:30 PM   #6
tacomaman
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Got the rear out and noticed the rear case cover was slammed against something at some point, enough to let the fluid leak out. Removed the side cover and its full of ground up metal. The one gear that engages forward is totally shot and ground to nothing. Ordered new parts today.
i kinda figured that was gonna be the case. hopefully, it all goes back together smooth for ya.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha