lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2012, 09:35 AM   #1
Misfit Toy
Not Yet Wild

Default 75-93 Marathon? Need Help

Hello All,

Picked up this cart for nothing and would like to get her running. From research i think she falls into the '75-'93 Marathon catagory. Only serial # i could find did not work in the lookup. Dont know what kind of engine she has.I would like to find a wiring diagram and all info possible. Will not start engine when gas pedal is pressed. Here are a few pictures.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

any Info and guidance is appreciatted
Thanks in advance for the help.
Misfit Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-07-2012, 04:46 PM   #2
racin161
Gone Wild

Default Re: 75-93 Marathon? Need Help

OK Misfit WELCOME to BGW Now the fun starts.First look on the passenger side the upright panel and see if there is a tag if so give us the numbers. Now looking at your GREAT find which I like it appears to be around a 1984 2pg robin engine and compartment. With that said it's a KEEPER!! Many parts are available but I do see you don't have the air box??? Your going to have to preform a few tasks so we can see what condition it's in and well see if your up to it. HOW FAR YOU WANT TO GO. Again WELCOME.

LOU
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:22 PM   #3
rusty shackel
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

yes its def. made before 1987

rusty s
rusty shackel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:29 PM   #4
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Tag should be here...
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:13 AM   #5
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

i agree with the 84. Looks like the one I just picked up for the same price. Got to love Free.
Doc's BoneCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:45 AM   #6
racin161
Gone Wild

Look at the muffler location I'm a bit confused on that and being 84 I think a bit newer also because of the shifter. It's not round but the flat later style f/r shifter. Therefore I'll recall my last assessment being an 84. Still a great find now go on an egg hunt and find that tag. My have had an engine change at some point but would make no difference it's still worth saving.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:23 AM   #7
Misfit Toy
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the welcome and info. Great start to know what engine is in her and a yr.
i have looked in all the places where a manufacture tag should be with no luck ad far as and ezgo tag. there is a plte from the "second" company that had cart but that was no help. Pic attached.
I do have an air box for it, the filter is trash and i have not attempted to put it on yet.
I know the engine will run. Pic below shows an orange wire that if i touch the solenoid she will turn over.
As to how far i want to go with her.haha Would like to sit and press pedal and go for now.
Doc- I am a sucker for free!haha
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-08-2012, 07:37 AM   #8
racin161
Gone Wild

See the black fuse holder? take it apart and see if it has a fuse or it's blown. Lets start there. Some one has been in the wiring and put the boot on the coil so we can see the rest of the wiring in that area.The pics are real important and your off to a great start.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:19 AM   #9
Misfit Toy
Not Yet Wild

Wiring is a mess.haha
Yes fuse was blown, tried a different one in there with no luck but dont think it was the correct size. Is there a "normal" size length and amp fuse for this? There is also a toggle switch wired in that seems to replace the "key" but not sure. Would like to find a wiring schematic to run everything down. Grounds fuses(where they should be) etc...
Old 05-08-2012, 12:59 PM   #10
racin161
Gone Wild

Look at the stickey above in gas ezgo and where it says 3pg ezgo HEI click on it and you'll see the attachment of the wiring pic click on it to open then you have it. You may want to down load it K.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO