lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-08-2012, 03:46 PM   #11
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 75-93 Marathon? Need Help

Racin, I agree with the shifter but the muffler is in the same place as mine. I don't think it would be older than a 86 but hell your the old hat on this one I'm just learning as well. By the way you got a manual for this beast? A guy on another post is needing one to see how to take his clutches apart?
Doc's BoneCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-09-2012, 03:56 PM   #12
Misfit Toy
Not Yet Wild

Ok, printed the wire diagram and will check things out as soon as I can. I want to re-wire her with the minimal and then add from there.
Thanks for the help
Misfit Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:33 PM   #13
Misfit Toy
Not Yet Wild

Found some #s on the motor:
Model# EC25-PG
Motor # 83-01455
Does the "83" in the motor # referance the year the motor was built?
Anyone have a manual you could post or pm me. I have looked in all the places here and online, just not finding the correct one or not realizing where it is.
thanks
Old 05-21-2012, 04:57 PM   #14
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Hello Misfit,

1983 was the one year that the 2PG had a horizontal muffler so that with your motor numbers seals that deal.

The most common issue with the 2PG is corrosion on the connectors so I suggest that you remove the ground point on the frame (just follow the battery negative) and clean it to bare metal. Clean the cable lugs and make sure there is a cable from the ground point to the engine block, this is important. There is very little difference in wiring throughout the 80's so go to the tech section and scroll down until you see "Need a manual" now just scroll down and you will find an acceptable circuit diagram.

The first step is see if the solenoid is working so jack up the back end (in case it starts). Now connect the negative of your meter to the negative on the battery. Connect the positive to any large post on the solenoid, if you see 12 volts move to the other post where you will see zero. Now with the key on depress the accelerator do you see 12 volts. The answer to that question will determine where we go next.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:51 AM   #15
Misfit Toy
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Dave,
funny you referance the corrosion, everything is corroded.ha
will check that out a get back as soon as possible.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:13 PM   #16
Herm715
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Welcome misfit. U got urself 1983. It's the only one that had long muffler running along the back. The rest of 80's has a can muffler next to engine. Bad news is parts r hard to find. But its do able(look at mine) make sure u hav 12v to s/g with test meter. If its lower it wnt spin. Gud luck n hav fun!
Herm715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:42 PM   #17
FF Titus
Gone Wild

If you're looking for parts for that beast, I took an ezgo tech course down in PA at a place called GCS, Golf Car Services.

http://www.golfcartservices.com/

That's their website. They have a HUGE boneyard of old cars and many models like yours. If you're hunting a certain part, I'd give them a buzz, Jim I believe is the mans name who helped me while I was there. Great group of people there.
FF Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:32 AM   #18
Misfit Toy
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the input.
Herm-Thats an '83 in your avatar? Did you do a lot of work to it? Happen to have a wiring diagram? i have looked on the site for one but do not think i have found the one i need yet. thanks for all the help
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO