lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2012, 07:33 AM   #1
Hooch
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Talking 02' DS IQ uphill speed

I have a factory DS IQ 2002 48volt, how much should this cart slow down when you go up a hill ? I live in Florida so you can imagine we don't really have big hills , but I have a few small hills , and the cart seems to slow quite a bit going up them. Is this normal? All my batteries are good and new! Would having the speed setting bumped up help?
Hooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-10-2012, 08:21 AM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 02' DS IQ uphill speed

it will lost 2 or 3 mph per hour but if its slowing to a walk check and test batteries...............its the nature of an elec cart to slow going uphill but how slow is the question.......................................... ...
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:24 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Having the speed setting increased will not improve the hill climbing ability. What you are looking for is an increase in torque which requires more amperage to the motor. A bigger controller and cables will help.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:08 AM   #4
danny03cobra
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Having the speed setting increased will not improve the hill climbing ability. What you are looking for is an increase in torque which requires more amperage to the motor. A bigger controller and cables will help.
this might sound stupid' but forgive my ignorance. what is a controller? the one for reverse/forward?
danny03cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:53 PM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny03cobra View Post
this might sound stupid' but forgive my ignorance. what is a controller? the one for reverse/forward?
controller is under seat in rear up from where motor is mounted, its like a 4X6 box with 4 or so cables/wires bolted to it...........its not the F&R and there are no stupid questios only questions not asked.................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:55 PM   #6
superbee_ski
Not Yet Wild

Not trying to hijack thread, but supporting Hooch.
I too have the same problem Hooch has. My 2003 DS will run at 16 mph on flat road. But on golf course, up hill...it slows considerably.
Batteries: Interstate from Sam's Club, 3 yrs old and well maintained.
To get 23 mph AND torque would a new controller due? Or upgrade motor/controller? Then go to Trojans? If upgrade motor and controller, any favorites out there?
superbee_ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car