lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-22-2012, 10:19 AM   #1
mj_355
Getting Wild

Default g1 questions

I have a g1 that needs work I think. A couple different questions I need help with.

1. Im going to have both clutches off and apart, while I them apart I want to clean then and lube them. I will have the drive clutch off for crank seals. I will have driven clutch off for a heavy duty spring and a full set of 3 ramp shoes.

2. My cart runs great at full throttle but runs like s##t light throttle. So what I have read on bgw the crank seals should be replaced. Is there anything else I should do?

3. I am going to install new brake shoes and both brake cables. Is there any other items I should check?

Thanks for any help or info.
mj_355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-25-2012, 08:55 AM   #2
mj_355
Getting Wild

Default Re: g1 questions

No one can help
mj_355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:32 PM   #3
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: g1 questions

I'd do the rebuild and put together and see how she runs. Make sure you get the timing right. Get a service manual, will be a great help.

I would also clean and rebuild the carb. Don't forget a new belt. I'd recommend a cut sheave for your driven clutch. Got my performance clutch kit from Plowman's, very satisfied.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha