lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2012, 12:36 PM   #1
richard3529
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Another can't start engine without choking

I have a 04 E-Z Go TXT with a 295cc Robins engine. I have posted before and it has been a big help. I had the cart running good but started having problems. It would lose power on an incline. Found the carb to be bad and flooding through the overflow. Replace the carb (and fuel pump) but found it spitting gas back in the air box. I followed several threads here with no luck. I have the cart set up to crank and idle. It would crank on the turn of the switch and idle smooth, just spitting gas in the intake and no power to run. I adjusted the valves cold and checked hot twice, checked the fuel pump and checked the muffler. Pulled the engine and found the timing way off. Reset the timing, cleaned the carb and checked the valves again. Installed the engine but it will crank only when choked and will not idle. When you give it gas it runs great. The governor is disconnected and will run 18 plus according to the gps. I just can't get it to run at less than 1/3 throttle. Pulled the engine a second time to recheck everything but all looks good by the book. Any ideas
richard3529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO