lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-05-2012, 11:13 AM   #1
MickG11b
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Unhappy Top end removal 99 TXT 295cc 4cyc

Just bought this cart for $1000 (running)for a family project. New to golf carts... Got manuals.. followed steps.. realized that I needed to remove the engine from the cart to remove the clutch and fly wheel just so i could get the timing belt cover off to continue the disassembly. (I'm hoping that I'm not just creating more work for myself). Got some good info from older posts and now I just hope I'm going about this the right way. The reason for the job is that it was a hard start, low compression but ran good when warmed with a little white smoke at the tail pipe and from the carb (opened the air box when intial starting). Also, one plug gets really wet so I guess new rings are needed. I'm held up at removing the clutch though got info from this forum for that but not the fly wheel. Any suggestions or recommendations?
MickG11b is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-05-2012, 12:34 PM   #2
bowtieracin
Gone Wild

Default Re: Top end removal 99 TXT 295cc 4cyc

You should be able to remove the clutch without takin engine out it takes a little finagaling but easy enuf as long as you have the removal tool. Also did you check valves sounds like you got all the symptoms of normal valve wear. A simple adjustment does wonders! Good luck n keep us posted!
bowtieracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:31 PM   #3
MickG11b
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the info. I went ahead and removed the engine any way prior to my question. the wear should be obvious right? And so you don't think That I have to even mess with the rings?
Old 10-05-2012, 04:24 PM   #4
bowtieracin
Gone Wild

A compression check would have told alot the valves canbe adjusted a few times before they really need gone thru.
bowtieracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:11 PM   #5
MickG11b
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Compression at last check was 90-95psi. I took the head off and found that it appeared that the valves were burnt on the on cylinder, they were caked with baked on carbon the other had about half as much. that same cylinder has what appears to be vertical scratches, not deep still smooth to touch but wear marks non the less. Not sure if its enough to warrant to go deeper into it..
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO