lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-08-2012, 06:47 AM   #1
chazdo2
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Tired 1982 EZ-GO help

My pal has a 1982 EZ-Go two stroke. He wants more power and we talked about what I had done to my Yamaha's. I have a twin 23 HP briggs in one and a 16 HP clone in the other. Very happy with both. I think for his needs though he maybe happy with some small power gains.. Has anybody messed around with this motor with bigger carb maybe a better air cleaner boring out change exhaust the usual tricks to get a two stroke to growl with more power? Or is this engine just pretty much limited to what it is and any significant HP gains must be met with engine changes?
chazdo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-08-2012, 07:52 AM   #2
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Tired 1982 EZ-GO help

EZGO tried in 1988 with the high output (HO) engine. Basically a bigger carburetor (BV-24) and some other tweaks. It apparently did not work out too well as in 1989 they reverted to the original BV-18 carburetor. The middle of 1989 marked the end of the 2PG engine and the 3PG produced an extra 2hp at the wheels but to do this they rotated the engine. This rotation allowed for the differential to be changed from a hypoid gearing to a more efficient helical gear design, a change that persists to this day. Now the 3PG piston has two inlet ports as opposed to one on the 2PG so it would be interesting to see what that did on your friends 82 but frankly I think the return on investment would be prohibitively low.
Personally if your friend has a need for speed I would fit a nice B&S engine and forgo traveling in reverse.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:10 PM   #3
chazdo2
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Tired 1982 EZ-GO help

thanks a ton!!!!!!!!!
chazdo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO