lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-26-2013, 09:20 PM   #1
Take_em
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default cpp's carb jet kit

I'm ordering a set of 22-11-10 tires to go with my pachanga lift on my g9. I'm also getting a new clutch spring from cpp. I noticed that they have a carb jet kit for carts with high speed gears or larger tires. My question is do I need it with the 22's ? If you have installed one, did it make much difference? Thanks in advance.
Take_em is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-27-2013, 08:31 AM   #2
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: cpp's carb jet kit

As a rule, the installation of a jet kit requires the use of either a header or some sort of exhaust with less restriction then stock as well as a less restrictive intake or the engine won't be able to breathe right (meaning it won't run as well) ... I'm not familiar with the CPP jet sizes, etc but I would be a bit leery of a kit designed to run with stock exhaust and intake, as the differences would be miniscule at best before you got to a spot where it would begin to run poorly at certain RPM's.

Yamahas are supposedly jetted a bit lean though, so it's up to You - you *may* get a small increase and if the price is low you'd be risking little cash to try it.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:00 AM   #3
Take_em
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks for the reply. I was figuring on changing the air filter to a k&n to get more air for the extra fuel but I didn't know about the exhaust side of the equation.
Take_em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:26 PM   #4
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Talk to Don at Plowmans before You do anything crazy, he's one of the most knowledgeable people I've met when it comes to Yamaha carts and performance, also he makes a wide range of clutch springs (not just a "one size fits all" that may or may not be tailored to your specific needs and desires) as well as jets, etc PLUS he offers a high-flow stock-style exhaust that gives you Header performance without additional noise, etc ...

OR just do his whole "Hot Setup" and save quite a few bucks over the course of doing all the mods. He bores, polishes and jets your carb, matches it with a high-flow high-performance exhaust, modifies your airbox and provides a high-flow air element, sets you up with the correct driven clutch sheaves AND spring for your application/goals, and the whole shebang is $420 (try putting anything even NEAR that together piece by piecs and you'll see what a deal it is, it'll get you 14hp out of a stock 301cc engine as vs the stock 9hp, AND it's all matched and designed specifically for what YOU want to do) ... Just a thought

(Oh - the setup even includes a new drive belt tailored for the setup, almost forgot)
Old 02-27-2013, 12:48 PM   #5
abieex
Gone Loco

Yamaha

Listen to what Brew is saying.........he is spot on!
abieex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:26 PM   #6
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

I agree with all thats been said, however Tom at CPP is not just "The Big Block Man", knows his stuff about stock engine hop-ups as well.

Both Tom and Don are well respected sponsors here. I deal with both of them.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:06 PM   #7
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

I totally wasn't implying that CPP wasn't a great source and wealth of advice - I hope I didn't come across that way ... What I was trying to make point-wise (and in retrospect should have included both sources equally, I agree) is that doing an entire package at once often works out to be a savings (both financially and hassle/timewise) so I automatically used Don as a point of reference - sorry about that and I hope I wasn't misleading ....

(I think maybe I was swayed a bit subliminally by the fact that Don stocks Nitrous kits though, who knows, LOL)
Old 02-27-2013, 03:49 PM   #8
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take_em View Post
I'm ordering a set of 22-11-10 tires to go with my pachanga lift on my g9. I'm also getting a new clutch spring from cpp. I noticed that they have a carb jet kit for carts with high speed gears or larger tires. My question is do I need it with the 22's ? If you have installed one, did it make much difference? Thanks in advance.
No, you don't need to have it. I have 22's with a spring and spacer. Before I put the BB in, the engine was totally stock. With a "severe duty" belt from CCP, performance on the trails was very good. However, improvements in fuel, intake and exhaust has got to make things better. The belt did really help
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:34 PM   #9
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCityMusic View Post
I totally wasn't implying that CPP wasn't a great source and wealth of advice - I hope I didn't come across that way ... What I was trying to make point-wise (and in retrospect should have included both sources equally, I agree) is that doing an entire package at once often works out to be a savings (both financially and hassle/timewise) so I automatically used Don as a point of reference - sorry about that and I hope I wasn't misleading ....

(I think maybe I was swayed a bit subliminally by the fact that Don stocks Nitrous kits though, who knows, LOL)
No, You didn't come across that way, all is good!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:57 AM   #10
Rodeosurf
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Brew where do I find Don's "Hot Setup" on his site? I have a G9 and what you described is exactly what I was going to complete piece by piece. If he does a package deal that is the way I am going to go.
Rodeosurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha