lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-01-2013, 11:43 AM   #1
sharse36
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Trade my marathon for a polaris 4x4 atv

I'm looking at trading my 1987 marathon for a 1996 polaris 4x4 atv. He asking $2,100 for the atv or trade for a golf cart. I have done a lot of work on the cart but use if more in fall and winter and the 4x4 would be nice. Would this be a good trade or not. I'm not sure if it would be any help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (143.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg imagesCA7EAJ06.jpg (5.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg imagesCAYZ3JNS.jpg (6.6 KB, 0 views)
sharse36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-01-2013, 01:12 PM   #2
dmi518
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Trade my marathon for a polaris 4x4 atv

:i have been riding fixing and flipping atvs for years, in reality the atv is an easier sell all around. i would have to say it is a fair trade. Your cart looks mint but its an older model and they generally dont bring that kind of money, in my area anyway.
keep the cart and keep hunting craigslist you will come across a 4x4 atv for under a grand and still have your ezgo, face it golf carts are too cool i find myself using my cart more n more and my quads sit around. i just start it so the battery stays charged and carb doesn't lacquer up.

Hope i helped.
dmi518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:20 AM   #3
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Trade my marathon for a polaris 4x4 atv

Tough call to part with the cart, BUT ... I just sold my 87 Marathon this weekend, 5" lift, 22X11's, new full-length Monroe Shocks, new Paint, New Cargo Bed, New Seats, full Polished Diamondplate Rockers and Trim, new Top end, Crank Seals and Driven Clutch, new Muffler and Carb, new TXT cowl and dash, etc (basically a 100% redo last summer) for $1600, it was on CL for a few weeks with limited bites but I had a buddy who knew what I had into it and the quality of the work so he bought it ...

I would say if he's willing to do the trade even up it probably is a "grab it and run" kind of deal

20121117_121140.jpg.jpg
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO