lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2013, 09:21 PM   #11
lilred
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Synthetic oil in g29 carts??

Definately will mention BGW. I may have already. I do want to thank you BGW folks for the help so far. I wanted a play toy that my wife would enjoy as well. Thats why I bought another cart (gasser) that can be used to cruise the neighborhood streets as well as bail off into the woods to play. Initially disaapointed in performance but with the knowledge of you guys, it already performs pretty well. BTW, if anyone knows where I can get a "sport winshield" in black she may soon be topless. The cart , not the wife...lol.
lilred is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2013, 11:54 AM   #12
dbmachine
Gone Wild

I've seen the tinted folding windshield on ebay for 90$ before..
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:21 PM   #13
lilred
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Thanks db...but I'm lookin for the type like Chloe has. Just not with the stainless and 300.00 price tag. Like this one
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screen_1.jpg (14.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-16-2013, 02:39 PM   #14
dbmachine
Gone Wild

That's pretty bad azz
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:18 PM   #15
lilred
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Ebay was the trick, or "Kool Carts". They have for different carts too. $230 w free shipping. I have to get my Plowmans kit first though. They also have some. This starting to get expensive!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Drive...item336b9d56ce
Old 05-19-2013, 06:01 PM   #16
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

When I ran my local dealer, I always run Royal Purple oil 10-40. never had any issues with them burning oil or leaking oil.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:17 AM   #17
Designflaw
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred View Post
Just got my '08 Drive. 6" lift, 23" tires etc. Tightened the screw all of the way (Had the govenor zip tied while learning). I get right at 20 mph on my phone gps app. I had to know what kinda rpm I was pushing it as these motors initially seem to be delicate. So I put a "Tiny Tach" on it showing around 3600 rpm. This falls right in line withe BGW speed calculator. Hoping to get 30 eventually. I'd like to see some posts from people running the Drive and Plowman's extreme kit. I spoke with him and he made me a believer. Im about to pull my clutches etc. And send them in for exchange on this kit.
I know what you mean - I called about a simple tune up kit, I now have the clutch puller bolt, and am sending him my primary to rebuild and then hes mailing it back with the performance kit. Says speeds approaching 35 and pulling ability of 9000lbs.
Designflaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:18 PM   #18
SandbaggerYDRA
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I have an '07 Drive and I just got a new secondary clutch and belt from Plowman's, along with the performance jets for the carb. I've also zip-tied my governor, and on my radar gun, I am seeing just about 20 MPH on level ground with the stock 18" tires. Don tricked out my secondary for a bit more low end grunt and at low RPM it moves like a lawn tractor. But as the RPM comes up a little more it shifts into cruise gear, and takes off like a shot. I like the low gearing, especially for backing up. I eventually want to get a 3" lift and 22" tires. I would expect that will jump the top end speed up a bit. I'd be happy with a 25 MPH top end. Just enough to be streetable if I decide to go that route....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2198.jpg (292.6 KB, 0 views)
SandbaggerYDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha