lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-11-2013, 07:46 PM   #1
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Considering trading electric for gas

So I have my electric RXV and love it besides the point I have had to replace 2 motor brakes in 2 years. My local cart store got a gas limo RXV and I have been test driving it the past 2 days. My electric cart will out accelerate the limo but at cruising speed the electric is ever so slightly faster, I'm talking like barely faster. Most of the time it is my wife and I driving with our 2 kids who are 5 and 6. They like facing forward and of coarse want the new bigger toy. To sum this post up I am looking to see what others think of the gas RXV I know most won't be limos. It is also lifted with a 6" spindle, if I buy it I will have him remove it and I want the new long travel by Jake's. It also has 14" rims as mine does as well and a brush guard. So if you have experience with the gas RXV please post what you think the good, the bad, and the ugly. Don't want to regret switching from electric to gas. Thanks Jeremy
Jerj7907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-11-2013, 08:07 PM   #2
redcloud
Gone Wild

Default Re: Considering trading electric for gas

I have a 91 marathon gas cart now but did have an older custom built Pargo electric for years. I was always worried about loosing charge and then you are sunk. I always had to hook up the charger every time the grand kids or even I used it for yard work, every night. I have the gaser all jacked up and usual goodies and love it. It will go for ever on a tank of gas and just shut it off and you are done till next time. No more darn batteries to maintain or leak all over either. Will NEVER go back to electric.
My view on the subject anyway.
redcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:15 AM   #3
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

TY Redcloud. I do love the RXV electric I can go over 30 miles on a charge and honestly when do you ride your cart over 30 miles? I do plug it in after it is ridden every night. Kind of weird getting use to the noise of the gas but I do like them both. Boys toys tough to decide.
Jerj7907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:04 AM   #4
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

gas carts dont require the 6-800 dollar gas tank change every 3-5 years and engine rebuilds if ever needed your just not going to spend as much as you would for batteries , the same reason people dont buy electric cars. lets see im buying a gas car and generally i can drive for 200k without major expense other than gas and oil or go electric and replace a 6k dollar battery every 50K and be limited to driving 100 miles or less at a time. get the gas and ride off into the sunset with the gas engine rattle as your soundtrack. its the sound of freedom.
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:39 AM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

The RXV limo should have the Kawasaki 400 motor in it which is a good engine when maintained. Should be able to tweek the governor a little for some more speed if desired.

As for Gas VS Sparky, I too am about to sell my 03 sparky in favor of a gas RXV when I can put my hands on one at a reasonable price. I just don't use it that often anymore like the lessor worry for me anyway of the gas.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:07 AM   #6
410MAN
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I have RXV and older workhorse , both gas. I can always carry a little gas but on electricity. and It will pull my hills. thats all
410MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO