lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-27-2013, 12:09 PM   #21
Tormented96
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: She lives!!!! But still have ?s

I don't think that it's clogged because it doesn't smoke at all but I'll try it and let you know how it goes
Tormented96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-27-2013, 12:36 PM   #22
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I've also seen them with a broken piston, part of the skirt was broken off. This can change flow through the engine if it does not blow up first. But the muffler issue is very common. Leaky seals will still run ok at high rpm much worse at idle and starting. Reed could cause issue but usually they stay open and the compression closes them when worn out so it does not run as well at lower rpm, or break and then it will not run right or start well at all.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 02:11 PM   #23
Tormented96
Not Yet Wild

Well I rented a compression tester from auto zone because I keep forgetting mine at work and it stopped at about 88 89 psi but can I trust it. When I pulled the muffler off I looked inside the cylinder which looked good no visable scaring the rings move a lot with in the channels on the piston. It doesn't start right away with little throttle I have to press throttle hard to get it to startup and then the clutch slams in to gear not smooth at all.
Could this be a ring issue? Still not trusting gauge
Old 10-27-2013, 04:58 PM   #24
Tormented96
Not Yet Wild

I just realized something that I can take the starter generator a spin it all the way threw a complete stroke of the piston. On a 2 stroke I shouldn't be able to do that should I?
Old 10-27-2013, 05:14 PM   #25
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I don't remember the typical G1 compression off hand, but if the muffler was plugged it will rev more with it off or disconnected. It will not run that well without it, but better than if plugged.

2 stroke fires every time the piston goes up, it makes compression every time. The fuel air goes under the piston around the crank then gets pushed up through the ports to above the piston as the piston moves downwards, the exhaust blows out first and then the intake charge blows in from the ports, then the piston goes back up closes the ports, makes compression, fires, and does it all again.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:46 AM   #26
Tormented96
Not Yet Wild

I was thinking is there a governor in the rear end?
Old 10-28-2013, 05:05 PM   #27
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

There is until you take the throttle cable off and put it on the carb direct, or drill out the arm so it spins on the shaft (shaft on top of trans).
Old 10-28-2013, 09:14 PM   #28
Tormented96
Not Yet Wild

The cable is already direct to carb. I'm wondering if there is a governor with in the trans something I can't see from the outside
Old 10-29-2013, 08:40 AM   #29
Tormented96
Not Yet Wild

Finally brought my compression tester home and tested in forward and reverse I got about 95 in forward and about 115 in reverse I'm guessing I should do rings which may solve a few issues
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha