lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-11-2013, 09:15 PM   #1
SheddMan
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2013 Ezgo ST Express Key Start Mod

Has anyone figured out how to do the key start mod on a 2013 EZGO with the 13 HP Kawasaki engine? We live in a neighborhood with a lot of stop signs and I think it would be a smoother ride if my cart stayed running at a stop. I know in the non Kawasaki engine ezgo carts there was a spring that you could change in the clutch to keep it from engaging at low rpms but the Kawasaki clutch is different. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.
SheddMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-12-2013, 06:56 AM   #2
mcdave71
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2013 Ezgo ST Express Key Start Mod

I know you can get roller weights and a drive spring to help with a 'neutral' setting. The weights are around $45 and the spring is I think around $20. Bit pricy but with with the new style clutch costs more..
mcdave71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 06:08 PM   #3
SheddMan
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the reply Dave.

I haven't seen the roller weights for sale anywhere. Do you remember where you've seen them? I've taken the clutch apart several months ago so I've seen the weights but I have not seen a spring anywhere. Is the spring in the engine clutch assembly or on the clutch section on rear end? Thanks again. Chris.
SheddMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 04:50 AM   #4
mcdave71
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2013 Ezgo ST Express Key Start Mod

I'm not too schooled on the workings of the new style drive clutch as I don't have one but I've seen the weights on Erlandson's website. Which weight to get, I have no idea..
http://www.erlandsontechnology.com/category_s/215.htm
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheddMan View Post
Thanks for the reply Dave.

I haven't seen the roller weights for sale anywhere. Do you remember where you've seen them? I've taken the clutch apart several months ago so I've seen the weights but I have not seen a spring anywhere. Is the spring in the engine clutch assembly or on the clutch section on rear end? Thanks again. Chris.
mcdave71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO