lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-23-2014, 12:55 PM   #1
smoker62
Not Yet Wild

Default 1st cart for me

Hi guys, buying my first cart for campground use.I know nothing of electric carts so will be searching here a lot. I am looking at a 2009 ez go 36v , not sure what or if there are different models. I also was thinking of a 2006 Yamaha drive 48v. Have not seen either one yet but the ez go is close to my campground and the yamaha is an hour away. I would like to get it faster than the 12 mph but not a necessity.

Is the 36v as good as a 48v for flat ground use ? I have a Can Am commander x 1000cc so that is my performance buggy
smoker62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-23-2014, 01:40 PM   #2
Jd62
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1st cart for me

First of all, welcome. You will see a difference on thorque beetween 36 and 48 volt. But if you only care about speed, you can buy a 36 volt ezgo pds and put a 20$ chip. This chip wil increase your speed from 12 mph to aprox 20mph. Recently i bought a 48 volt ez go rxv and i do 20-21 mph. The speed of the yamaha should be around that too.This is my opinion. If it's your first cart, go with the ezgo, and put a chip on it. It will be cheaper than a 48 volts.
Jd62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:52 PM   #3
fildogg
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

imo, for the price, and the ease of working and parts, the EZGO TXT 36volt is a steal. just be sure of the batteries condition when buying, to be able to factor that in on your purchase price.
fildogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 03:26 PM   #4
Jd62
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Do you buy it from a dealer or not ?
Old 01-23-2014, 07:34 PM   #5
smoker62
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys. No dealer , both are small ops cart sellers as a retired or side business. The 07 drive is about 2900 with a rear flip seat and brand new batteries. No windshield or lights.

The 09 ez is 3000 with rear flip seat remote control lights , what ever that is. I am looking at the ez go this weekend. My camp ground is all basically flat and has a 5 mph speed limit. Although a few of us will drink a few and break the rules once in a while. Get a stern talking to in the morning . My Can Am will do 74 so Im good with that.
smoker62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:19 PM   #6
Jd62
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Oh nice your are fast. I'm sure you know. But double check the batteries well when you will go see it. Honestly i have never work with yamaha, but i have work with club car and ez go, and i prefer work with ez go it's very easy and you can find part anywhere. So tell us when will buy something..
Old 01-24-2014, 08:05 AM   #7
eflyguy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Good you're on here *before* you buy. I came after, and basically got ripped off. If I were to do it again, I'd buy an older cart with no battery, motor or controller, strip it down and rebuild exactly how I want it. If you're just looking to ride, and not tinker, then I guess those prices aren't bad as long as the batteries really are new. I'd want some kind of warranty on them.
..a
eflyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:50 AM   #8
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Take a Digital Multimeter with you and check the battery voltages. 6 volts for a 6 volt battery and 8 for an 8 volt battery are "dead". I don't know the exact voltage for 8, but a 6 volt battery is 100% charged if it reads 6.37 volts 12 hours after a full charge. Even "new" batteries must be properly maintained, or they won't last long. There and a LOT of people who believe a battery needs to be way discharged before recharging. This is probably due to experience with NiCads, which have memory.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:00 PM   #9
Jd62
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

When you say batteries must be wll maintained, what do you mean. The only thing i know about maintained batteries is add water in it. does we need to make something else to keep it in good shape.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:44 PM   #10
eflyguy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Batter...n_Methods.html
http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Batter..._Tutorial.html

..a
eflyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO