lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-01-2014, 06:48 PM   #1
branman1971
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Trade my Marathon for Cushman

I have this old beat up marathon gasser and I have come across these two cushman carts that a guy will trade me for it. They don't run but one did run not too long ago. Anyone know anything about these carts? They have lights, windshield wipers, 3 speed manual tranny, and Kawasaki engines. I like em!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
branman1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-01-2014, 10:04 PM   #2
deerhunter30
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Trade my Marathon for Cushman

I don't know anything about them, but I like them too lol.
deerhunter30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 10:31 PM   #3
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Don't know much about 'em, but I know some guys like them pretty well cause of the 3 speed. I believe that it should move along pretty well too. Be a good candidate for a big block swap if you were so inclined.

By the way, I think it was you who had a wiring problem with that old 82 Marathon back in the summer and I tried to help a little where I could. Ever get her up and running?
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 10:40 PM   #4
junkandcattle
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

There should be a model number that will narrow what they are but I think they are truckster/haulster. They probably started out with omc opposed twin cylinder engines some had two speed rear ends also. I put bar lug tires on mine and use it around the farm quite a bit. It is rated to haul around 800 pounds I think
junkandcattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 10:50 PM   #5
branman1971
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thanks guys. Yeah I figured it out yellow. Sorry if I didn't say thank you. Thank you bro! I'm gonna get them. I'm pretty sure they are street legal. From what I can see online they are Haulsters.

Old 03-01-2014, 10:55 PM   #6
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by branman1971 View Post
Thanks guys. Yeah I figured it out yellow. Sorry if I didn't say thank you. Thank you bro! I'm gonna get them. I'm pretty sure they are street legal. From what I can see online they are Haulsters.

No problem bud! It's cool to know you got it fixed, I love to help out when I can and it's neat to talk to the folks later and see how their cart is doin.

Those do look like haulsters from what I can see, with those lights and wipers I don't know why they wouldn't be street legal. They'd make cool little neighborhood runners.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 10:57 PM   #7
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

two major problems with them 4 wheel cush's are not able to be street legal , only 3 wheelers i.e. as motorcycles , second you also need to check closely to the floor and frame rails around the floor these are known rust buckets that tend to colapse in half due to the frame rusting through , also cush parts are a real pain in the "xxxx" to find due to them having gone out of business and takeovers sometimes they are really more trouble that they are worth
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 05:11 PM   #8
branman1971
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thanks nobuck. I will check the frames and such. Also they are OMC engines. I'm not a fan of OMC boat products. I found the model numbers.

Old 03-02-2014, 08:56 PM   #9
junkandcattle
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

Jacobsen manuals for out of production machine shows that number as a haulster. You can download a service manual.As for the engines they seem a little abnormal but with quite a bit of help from forum member dewzer I got mine running pretty well and I think it will serve me ok. Mine had not been in service for three years before I got it. The few items I needed were available online from aftermarket suppliers and local auto supplies. I think dewzer told me he buys from Jacobsen
junkandcattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 04:38 AM   #10
branman1971
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thanks y'all. I'm still hopeful, and excited!

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO