lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-06-2014, 11:41 PM   #1
rfincher86
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Marathon starter tensioner.

Does anyone know where I can find a starter/generator belt tensioner bracket for a 1988 marathon? I have looked all over the internet and called a few local shops and can not find it anywhere. Right now I have a ratchet strap around the starter keeping it pulled tight... lol
rfincher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-07-2014, 07:18 AM   #2
Morgan44
Gone Wild

Default Re: Marathon starter tensioner.

No, I went through that myself. Mine snapped clean in a straight line, into two pieces. I decided even if I did find one, it was gonna be the same thin weak piece. So, I got out the welder with some steal I had around and made my own out of some thicker stuff. Is that an option?
Morgan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:45 AM   #3
rfincher86
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Marathon starter tensioner.

I can probably come up with something. I have never welded but my dad has a stick welder and i have always wanted to learn how to weld. Can you take a picture of yours and post it on here? The tensioner was missing when i got the cart and i can't seem to find where it bolted on the engine.
rfincher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO