lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-19-2014, 03:06 PM   #1
gngrbrmn
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default I want my cart to go FASTER

I have a 2000 EZGO DCS 36 volt electric cart with a decal that says Freedom. It's currently going about 13mph. It has standard wheels and tires and no suspension. Are there any pocket friendly ways to get it to go faster? I have brand new batteries.
gngrbrmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-19-2014, 08:07 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: I want my cart to go FASTER

truly.....how deep are YOUR pockets? lol

and HOW FAST do you want to go.

oh and btw.......Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to BGW. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, dad's, wive's, husband's, girlfriend's and boyfriend's here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 10:52 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Get a Alltrax controller, it'll get you over 20mph, a Alltrax DCX400 and a better solenoid can do the trick. Better cables are on the menu too. Stock cables (assuming they are in top-notch shape) are at their maximum with this setup, get cables. This sounds expensive, but this is the starting point if you have the need for speed.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:25 PM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

yep go see ScottyB at cartsunlimited.net. and either get one of his speed controller packages, either Pkg#505 or #606.....then as cgtech mentioned, a new set of high current cables, which scotty has as well. either kit #10 (for 400 amp controller) or #11 (for 500 amp controller).
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 11:35 AM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gngrbrmn View Post
I have a 2000 EZGO DCS 36 volt electric cart with a decal that says Freedom. It's currently going about 13mph. It has standard wheels and tires and no suspension. Are there any pocket friendly ways to get it to go faster? I have brand new batteries.
Are you sure it is a DCS? Reason I ask is because 2000 was the changeover year between DCS and PDS, so they both exist.

If the F/R switch is by you right knee, it is a DCS and if the F/R control is a rocker switch next to the key on the dash, it is a PDS.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 12:36 PM   #6
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Could also be a series.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:08 PM   #7
gngrbrmn
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you very much everyone... What a great welcome! I appreciate all your suggestions. I am going to look into the new controller as my new batteries aren't lasting but an hour with a speed drop at about 30 minutes. I will need help with the proper way to install. Thanks again!!
Old 03-20-2014, 09:10 PM   #8
gngrbrmn
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Yes the F/R is under my knee.
Old 03-21-2014, 05:42 AM   #9
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The F/R is by your knee, so it is a DCS. That means an Alltrax DCX400 (or larger) controller is Plug-n-Play for your cart.

Of course, the high current cables (all 10 of them) and the solenoid have to be upgraded to same (or higher) current carrying capacity to obtain the optimal performance from the drive system.

Unless they have been replaced, the stock high current cables are 6Ga and they need to be 4Ga or heavier. The stock solenoid is an 85A unit and it needs to be 200A or greater.

You mentioned you had new batteries and only getting about an hour of run-time. Depending on what batteries you have, and several other factors, that may or may not be normal.

If any of the high current cables or connections are getting hot, electrical energy that should be going to the motor is being converted to heat and being wasted, reducing the run-time.

Also, lead-acid, wet-cell, deep-cycle batteries only have about 75% of their rated storage capacity when new and must be broken in properly to obtain their full capacity. Here is how to do that: http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Batter...n_Methods.html

What is the Make/Model of your batteries?
What is the pack voltage 12 hours after the charger turns off? (Should be at least 38.2V for a 36V pack)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 09:09 AM   #10
Sethjamto
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gngrbrmn View Post
Thank you very much everyone... What a great welcome! I appreciate all your suggestions. I am going to look into the new controller as my new batteries aren't lasting but an hour with a speed drop at about 30 minutes. I will need help with the proper way to install. Thanks again!!
That run time seems WAY off given you said you have new batteries in your original post. What batteries do you have? That'll tell us a lot.
Sethjamto is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO