lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-24-2014, 09:32 AM   #11
gngrbrmn
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: I want my cart to go FASTER

I purchased Trojan T105 batteries.
gngrbrmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-24-2014, 10:10 AM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Sounds like the batteries aren't being fully charged.
What is the Make/Model of the charger are you using. (Picture of faceplate will suffice)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 12:09 AM   #13
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gngrbrmn View Post
Thank you very much everyone... What a great welcome! I appreciate all your suggestions. I am going to look into the new controller as my new batteries aren't lasting but an hour with a speed drop at about 30 minutes. I will need help with the proper way to install. Thanks again!!
A new controller probably will not make your batteries last longer. Be sure your batteries are charged properly and you don't have a charger or some other problem before you spend a lot of time and money upgrading it. When you start upgrading things on a golf cart to make it go faster, one thing leads to another. JohnnieB will help you make sure the cart you have is running peak speed.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:00 PM   #14
gngrbrmn
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I changed my wires to 4ga and the battery drain issue seams to be better. So what would you guys suugest I do next? I have approx. $400 to spend now. Should I go with wheels/tires, controller/ solinoid or do a lift kit next??
gngrbrmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 05:11 PM   #15
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
I changed my wires to 4ga and the battery drain issue seams to be better. So what would you guys suugest I do next? I have approx. $400 to spend now. Should I go with wheels/tires, controller/ solinoid or do a lift kit next??
The better question is what do you want the cart to "be" when it's done? That way we can guide you so you don't purchase the wrong items. Keep in mind, buying a lift kit without buying at least tires leaves you with a funny looking cart, so that purchase needs to all happen at once.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 05:33 PM   #16
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Thank you very much everyone... What a great welcome! I appreciate all your suggestions. I am going to look into the new controller as my new batteries aren't lasting but an hour with a speed drop at about 30 minutes. I will need help with the proper way to install. Thanks again!!
Quote:
Personally, I'd figure out what the battery issue is and resolve it before you ruin your new batteries.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO