lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-28-2014, 01:16 PM   #1
pujo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default TXT Series Cart (new to me)

Guys,
Not new here but haven't post very much.
I was able to purchase an EZGO TXT Series cart from a bud for a few $$. It was very cheap. There is nothing wrong with the cart except the batteries are 09's and don't hold a charge anymore. No noise, clicks, ticks, pops, or squeaks while riding.

Since this is my second cart, I wanted to make this a project cart.
My vision is to purchase the "Jeep" body kit, along with converting from 36 to 48 vdc, motor upgrades, and lift kit, custom wheels and all the things that go with it. I am hoping to achieve 30mph on this cart. I know this will set me back a bit, but I am giving myself a year to complete, and think I will limit myself to around 5 to 6 grand.

I am looking to you guys with experience in purchasing the items (electrical) that I will need to achieve the speed, and torque that I am wanting. Like I said, 30mph (or more) and enough torque to get me up and down the steep hills, and mud while retaining as much battery capacity for neighborhood ride time as well.

Hope you guys can lend me your advice here.
Thanks,
Pujo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1590.jpg (197.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1591.jpg (210.1 KB, 0 views)
pujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-28-2014, 08:17 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: TXT Series Cart (new to me)

Pujo, you came to the right place that is for sure.....I have the same cart you have, and did the same thing as you, with one exception, and that was that I live where its flat so I went for a different motor, as I wanted more speed, and you will need/want a bit more torque. but just going from 36v to 48v will get you some anyway, like about 30% more. also, going from 36 to 48v, you do need a new charger as well.

The BEST thing you can do is go and get all of your drive system parts (controller, solenoid, F&R switch, cables) from CartsUnlimited.net (ScottyB) not only are they a site sponsor, their customer service is by far the best in the business, bar none.

With what you are going to do to your cart...as far as the drive system goes:
Controller: Alltrax SPM-48500 or SPM-48600
Solenoid: Super Duty 400/1000 amp solenoid
F&R Switch: either a HD F&R switch or do the Reversing Contactor conversion.
Cables: complete set of 2 ga. silver soldered cables.

as far as your motor goes, either you can send your motor to PlumQuick and have it redone, or go to D&D and get one of theirs. You just need to talk to them, so they know how to build the motor so it will perform the way you need/want it to.

These things will get you to the 30 mph stage very reliably, no problem.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:18 PM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

oh I forgot something......

CONGRATS on your ride and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to BGW. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, dad's, wive's, husband's, girlfriend's and boyfriend's here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 03-28-2014, 09:58 PM   #4
pujo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Nuke for the info.
Is there a starting point here?

Should I start with the drive train, or with suspension?

Thanks,
Pujo
Old 03-28-2014, 11:29 PM   #5
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pujo View Post
Thanks Nuke for the info.
Is there a starting point here?

Should I start with the drive train, or with suspension?

Thanks,
Pujo
IMHO.....actually, yes.....do the drive train first. because if you do the suspension and wheels first, and you start using your cart with the stock drive train, it will take it tole on it and might even make it fail.
Old 03-29-2014, 06:36 AM   #6
pujo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

That sounds like a plan.
Thanks again.
Have a great weekend!
Old 03-29-2014, 07:18 AM   #7
pujo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
F&R Switch: either a HD F&R switch or do the Reversing Contactor conversion.
Nuke,
Do you mind enlightening me on the difference between the two, or advantages / disadvantages of each? I wanna go top of the line will everything that I do here, and really not understanding the difference.

Thanks,
Pujo
Old 03-29-2014, 08:10 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The reversing contactor is a superior directional switching device compared to the 1950s technology in the OEM rotary switch. And the contacts in it are silver oxide instead of the copper in the OEM. The contact switching is more positive & faster which equals less arcing. All around a reversing contactor is a better more convenient way to shift

Go here for more info > http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Reversing_Contactors.html
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:31 AM   #9
pujo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Scottyb,
I look forward to working with you to build me a package that will meet or exceed my expectations.

About to start the tear down process of the build, will take many images to post my progress as well.

Great site, Great Sponsors!!!!!

Thanks,
Pujo
Old 03-30-2014, 07:32 AM   #10
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Decide the order you are going to buy and install things, as far as the move to 48 volt. I'm not sure the reversing contactor will work on 36 volts, but everything else will with no problem. Also, if you buy the cables for 6 volt batteries, let JohnnB know if you are going to go with 8 volt batteries for the upgrade to 48, as the battery posts are positioned differently on the 8 volts vs. 6 volts.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO