lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2014, 04:10 PM   #1
griff716
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default G29 cutting out

I have installed Plowmans Xtreme performance kit. This is the kit with new clutches, belt, air mod and jets. The cart seemed to be running fine but now it has started to cut out shortly after driving. I can make it about two blocks and the cart doesn't want to go any further cutting in and out. I have to use the choke to get back home but still cuts out with choke as well. I have taken the main and pilot jets back out to inspect and clean, seem to be fine. I have removed the fuel line to carb and turned over to see if pump is working..spews fuel out so seems to be fine. I have check fuel line going to gas tank..blowing in it to make sure no debris is clogging. I have install a new spark plug as well. I have backed out the air/fuel mixture at most 3 turns and as little as 1 3/4 turn (suggested by plowman). Oil is good also.

Has anyone had this issue at all? To lean? Was I sent the wrong main jet by chance? I need to call Don but camping in a few days and he's a busy guy. Would appreciate any input.
griff716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-18-2014, 04:35 PM   #2
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Default Re: G29 cutting out

Do you need to use the choke when starting the cart for the first time of the day?? There are a few other parts in the carb to inspect. In the bowl the is a pipe that is long and skinny which requires a skinny flat head screwdrive to remove. There are several holes that can get clogged. Mine were clogged from stale ethanol gas on my 09 g29. Also the diaphram which reqires you to remove the plastic float and get debris on the rubber tip and not seat properly. Theres a small clip you remove to get the float loose.

Seems strange that the problem occurs after the cart has had a few blocks to become warm. Don mentioned to me once on the phone that these engines are picky if gas gets into the oil and mixes. Do you smell gas in the oil?

Any other info that you remember when the problem started happening?
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 04:52 PM   #3
griff716
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I just changed oil to mobil 1 as suggested by "the" Don. Also have did the governor mod by drilling out keyed holes on governor arm. Other than that no other changes. I will have to inspect and clean other carb parts.
griff716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 08:41 AM   #4
SandbaggerYDRA
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I hate coincidences, and when something bad happens after you just got done doing work on it, it makes sense that it's related to something you've done. BUT, this also sounds very much like an ignition issue. The ignition module heats up after a short time running and starts to cut out. I wouldn't rule that out, even if its failure is completely coincidental and not related to the carb work.
SandbaggerYDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha