lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-17-2014, 11:29 AM   #1
lump
Not Yet Wild

Default How hard is it to convert 2-seater to flat bed

I run outdoor swap meet events in Ohio, and rent 45+ golf carts 6 times per year. But I also own 3 older EZ Go gas carts of my own.

We deliver large purchases people have made at the show to their cars, using flat bed carts...with beds about 5' long. I am tempted to convert 2 of my older Marathon carts to flat beds, which would involve stretching the chassis.

I had ASSUMED that there would be kits on the market for doing this, but I have found nothing so far. Does anyone have any experience with projects like this?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer.
lump is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-17-2014, 11:31 AM   #2
lump
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: How hard is it to convert 2-seater to flat bed

I should have clarified that my older Marathon carts are two pass, with the golf bag racks on back. This configuration is the least useful to me.

Also, the flat bed carts we rent do not have roofs of any kind, and the sun can get pretty brutal during three long days of a swap meet. So this is one reason I would like to possibly build our own flat beds, IF this is a reasonable project.
Old 06-17-2014, 01:30 PM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

My two cents. Go to Harbor Freight and buy their inexpensive 4X8 flat bed trailer. About $300 with tax brand new. Assemble, drop 2 4X4 sheets of plywood on there and call it a day. They even fold when done.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 02:00 PM   #4
lump
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, KGSC. But trailers towed behind a golf cart don't work so well at a huge automotive swap meet with crowded aisles. It's hard enough just to keep our drivers from running into things with a golf cart. A towed trailer gets really tough to take around tight corners, etc. I'm afraid we would have accidents aplenty!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO