lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-20-2014, 06:10 PM   #1
PcolaKB
Not Yet Wild

Default Throttle all or none

Got the kit from Don. Had everything working good with the governor drill out, etc., but I had a backfire so I pulled the air box and noticed the throttle cable was not pushing the spring all the way back, i assume leaving it open. So I started playing with the 10mm adjustment nut on the gov to see if that would let it close before I added a spring. I had let the governor back out after the mods because the cart was lurching, this corrected it. I assumed I had done it too much or something, causing the backfire.
I got it back to the bucking and lurching and figured this was good, now go back the other direction with the nut. I can't find a sweet spot. Took the air box back off, throttle does not seem to be pulling open when pedal is depressed but it runs wide open. Any let off and it bucks, so it's all or none.
Hoping one of you gurus can save me some time.
It's a 2009 Drive. Thanks in advance.
PcolaKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-20-2014, 06:25 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Throttle all or none

So, before you installed the kit/did the work, was the cart running good?

I'm not familiar with your particular cart, but I don't think the governor mod will make the cart backfire. Did you do any airbox mods? It sounds like it's not running correctly to me, not in tune. This would be independent of the governor.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 06:32 PM   #3
PcolaKB
Not Yet Wild

Before any other mods I had tightened the nut on the governor and it had a backfire. After the mods (don's performance kit) it ran fine and had a backfire so I started trying to find the problem. I had loosened the nut back on the governor. Some threads on here said people added a spring to the throttle on top of the carb to make it close all the way so I was looking at that and decided since it was connected to the governor, maybe playing with the adjustment on that would allow the throttle to close. I do know that before, I could push the pedal and the throttle would move a good bit. Now it doesn't hardly move, but the cart will run wide open. It runs awesome if you floor it and has no backfire, but if you try to go slow it bucks like a mule.
PcolaKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 06:45 AM   #4
dbmachine
Gone Wild

He will be back from vacation next week. No need to worry.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 07:02 AM   #5
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

After the gov arm is drilled out, the arm becomes a pivot point--I don't think the 10mm nut adjustment comes into play anymore...
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 07:34 AM   #6
CAMPERCART2013
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Pcola I had the same issue with my cart don't know if cables are the same on our carts but mine has adjustments at pedal,before gov arm and after gov arm and 10mm on arm. once you drill arm out like dave said its a pivot point but you now should be able to have full throw ie. wide open and closed it is a pita but once you get it fine tuned you will LOVE IT! definetly worth the trouble in my opinion. take the airbox off then you can see throttle plate for WOT also I think my 10mm nut on arm is about 1/3 it doesn't effect gov but may give you that little bit off relief on closed throttle position good luck
CAMPERCART2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha