lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-28-2014, 09:50 AM   #1
duramax
Gone Wild

Default input shaft replacement

is their any step by step instructions on replacing the input shaft on a g16? whell im not doing the shaft but just the 2 bearings oil seal & case gasket. need help on the disassembly part. do I need to remove the detent ball-spring-bolt. how do I get it back to the correct setting?
duramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-28-2014, 10:19 AM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: input shaft replacement

I haven't seen a step by step about this, but when you do it , make a step by step with pics for others. and to answer your question about the ball spring and bolt, the answer to that is in your other thread about this

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...ml#post1042962

Quote:
Originally Posted by duramax View Post
is their any step by step instructions on replacing the input shaft on a g16? whell im not doing the shaft but just the 2 bearings oil seal & case gasket. need help on the disassembly part. do I need to remove the detent ball-spring-bolt. how do I get it back to the correct setting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
Yes, that gasket. There is also a bearing on the inward side of the input shaft, but more then likely it should be fine. Rember, you must take out the set screw/spring and ball bearing (for the shifter shaft) out first. A short flat headed screw driver will work, then a magnet for the spring and ball bearing. If you lucky, the side case will come off with the input shaft and f/r gear assy intacked. Then just remove the "spirrel clip" holding on the idler gear, then tap out the old breang and seal and install the new one's. Good luck.
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 11:19 AM   #3
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default Re: input shaft replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by duramax View Post
Count the number of turns of the screwdriver. There's some pictures here...
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...placement.html

Don't know how to remove the inside bearing. I don't think they go bad often. The bearing in the case, yes.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha