lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-16-2014, 06:39 PM   #11
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: A couple of 13hp Kawasaki Questions Before I jump into the Build ...

Drive clutch is staying closed right til she spins down to idle RPM, then *snaps* open. Diagnosis: bum Drive. Treatment: TEAM clutches. Problem TWO solved, WOO HOOO !!!!
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-17-2014, 08:50 AM   #12
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: A couple of 13hp Kawasaki Questions Before I jump into the Build ...

Just spent a half hour on the phone w EZGO Tech, WOW what a great bunch of guys ... Turns out my issue is common, there's a bushing that wears out prematurely in the old-style Kawi clutches (pre-TEAM) and causes the Drive clutch to "hang". Evidently, with a little work it *can* be replaced and it's a standard bushing, but evidently that's a temporary fix and they were pretty confident that it would happen again shortly (like possibly even this season) ...

Oh well, with the discount it's a $400 complete fix, and that's also going to add another 65% to the Torque specs, so again, def the path I'm heading down.

Spent an hour last night between the adjustable cable and arm, etc - have the pedal *right* where I want it finally, the micro kicks in just before the throttle opens as it should, but of course NOW the cable has decided it likes to "hang" so I'm getting a little bit of a jerky takeoff about half the time, looks like the floor mat is coming up today once I get the cart apart to do the lift, etc so I can get it ALL dialed in (only of course to have to rip everything apart and do the new clutches next week, LOL) - on the upside, I found an absolutely AMAZING shade of Cranberry/Burgundy Metalflake that I'm going to eventually do on the cart, so at least now I feel better about investing all the time and $, she's looking like a keeper :)
Old 07-17-2014, 09:05 AM   #13
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Here is some color for ya.. First 1 is a metallic plum, 2nd screaming yellow on the truck and silver metallic pink on the daughter's cart, 3rd Carbon fiber black wrap..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0774.jpg (322.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg pink2.jpg (281.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg pink.jpg (328.7 KB, 0 views)
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 04:37 PM   #14
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Sweet - I really like the plum, and to be honest, I like the pink more than the wrap, LOL ....

SO ... How's THIS for a bad day? First, my Nivel order shows, wrong tires. RMA and call tag, prob be without til Monday. THEN my spacers show up in the mail, METRIC. Same thing. THEN to cap it off I get an email from EZGO thanking me for my order and letting me know that the TEAM clutches they showed in inventory in fact are backordered 4-6 weeks.

(THAT's just the "Golf Cart" woes - I also got a letter from the Milwaukee Federales along with a tow and impound bill for $907 on a van I sold back in March)

Yep, I think tonight I just step back and take things one cocktail at a time, Yeesh ....
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO