lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-06-2014, 12:58 PM   #1
TNTman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Club Car Precedent with FE350 stumping us

Customer bought a 2006 CC Precedent with the FE350 motor at an auction for $1600. The previous owner tells him he has already put a new carb and fuel pump on it, and has the boxes to show as evidence. The cart would run for awhile, then cough sputter and spit. He brought it to us, and we found alot of sediment in the carb so we cleaned it. Then we saw alot of crap in the bottom of the tank, so we removed the tank and cleaned it. The gas caps rubber seal had fallen apart, so we replaced it as well. The battery did not have enough umph to turn the starter even after a full charge, so we replaced the battery. Then the starter started turning until it hit compression and stop. The positive stud on the starter got extremely hot, so the starter was replaced. We drove it around for ten minutes, thought the issue was solved and got it back to the customer. After picking up the cart the customer got about a mile away, and it started the same thing again. We thought the coil was failing after getting warm, so we replaced the ignition coil I took it out and it ran fine for a few minutes, but then started the same thing again. It took me 15 minutes to limp it back to the shop.

I came back and read a few of the posts on the forum, and now am suspecting the rev limiter. I just don't want to keep replacing stuff and finding out it wasn't that either. Hope someone has run across this before and know's what the likely culprit is.

Thanks in advance, you guys always seem to come through

Robin
TNTman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-06-2014, 07:27 PM   #2
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car Precedent with FE350 stumping us

To test the rev limiter, remove the ground from the left mounting bolt of the limiter,
and run it really well until it warms up, and see if it still happens.

To me... it sounds like an air leak, (loose or leaking carb/gasket, or a crack in the intake hose)
or even a fouled spark plug!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car