lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-07-2014, 02:29 PM   #11
Bubba75
My wife says I'm crazy...

Yamaha

OK going to pull this up again. Battery is good. Still having issues. If I choke it will get going and got me to thinking,when I purchased it was stock except the prior owners said they had added something to "get more speed". Being the mental giant I am I didn't ask what. And to top it off I can't find bill of sale or number for them. As I have been looking at upgrades I notice that there are different carb jets for lifted and non lifted carts. Could it be possible if that was what was added to a non lifted cart there would be a problem post lift?

Just trying to think this through. Especially since when I got it there was no need to choke it cold,but now with lift does. Someone had suggested replacing fuel lines but not sure what to do.

Thanks for any insight.
Bubba75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-07-2014, 03:04 PM   #12
SandbaggerYDRA
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G16 need to pump gas to get initial start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba75 View Post
OK going to pull this up again. Battery is good. Still having issues. If I choke it will get going and got me to thinking,when I purchased it was stock except the prior owners said they had added something to "get more speed". Being the mental giant I am I didn't ask what. And to top it off I can't find bill of sale or number for them. As I have been looking at upgrades I notice that there are different carb jets for lifted and non lifted carts. Could it be possible if that was what was added to a non lifted cart there would be a problem post lift?

Just trying to think this through. Especially since when I got it there was no need to choke it cold,but now with lift does. Someone had suggested replacing fuel lines but not sure what to do.

Thanks for any insight.
Well, if you have to use the choke to get the engine to run and/or stay running, that indicates a lean fuel condition. This could occur from a leaky carb gasket, or from clogged jets from gummed up fuel over time (Ethanol fuel blends are really bad in this way). Having the cart lifted vs. stock should not have any effect on air/fuel mixture other than the angle of the carb might change, which might affect the float level which may cause a lean out. That's a bit of a stretch though.
SandbaggerYDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 04:58 PM   #13
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G16 need to pump gas to get initial start

If you increased the size of the tires, that would give you a higher top speed but will rob some low end torque and may cause a stumbly takeoff. I think the larger jet size for lifted carts is not because of the lift, but because of larger tires which usually accompanies a lift. Just a thought.
RAY
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 11:01 PM   #14
Bubba75
My wife says I'm crazy...

Yamaha

Picked up new shocks from local got today and explained to him,and he said he has found that sometimes the supply lines from pump to engine get "stretched" limiting flow. Not sure but am going to check it out and replace (what could it hurt).

As score the clogged jets probably wouldn't hurt to clean. Not sure what I'm in for with that though. I'm far from a mechanic but am a quick learner. Is there an aftermarket rebuild kit out their? Have I missed a sticky on it also. Any guidance would be appreciated.
Bubba75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha