lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2021, 08:32 AM   #1
gtistiffler
Not Yet Wild

Default 2017 TXT Rear Lift Question

Just bought a 2017 txt gas (Kawasaki). It leans to the rear. It has 6” Jake’s spindles but the rear appears stock? There are no blocks, 3 leaf springs and the shackles measure 3.5” center hole to hole. Does the rear sound stock to you? I wasn’t sure how long the factory shackles are? Regardless I what are my options here? Appears I need 2-3” to level it out. Thanks
gtistiffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-18-2021, 09:19 AM   #2
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2017 TXT Rear Lift Question

A picture from ground level looking at the back of the cart would help. Are there blocks at the transaxle to spring mount? Are the axles over or under the springs? The picture would answer all those questions.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 09:27 AM   #3
gtistiffler
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPonLKN View Post
A picture from ground level looking at the back of the cart would help. Are there blocks at the transaxle to spring mount? Are the axles over or under the springs? The picture would answer all those questions.
Here is a pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg E664ED3C-A272-4BAB-A32D-BD65CFA2973E.jpg (223.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-18-2021, 09:43 AM   #4
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

I will let JP answer this. It's an easy fix with blocks. Brakes will need attention too. Engine oil level may need addressing too. I don't know if you can level the engine the same as the txt with Robin engine.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 09:45 AM   #5
gtistiffler
Not Yet Wild

Well, I just went out and did some more investigating. It appears they are 3" lift spindles not 6". Which would explain the rear, spring risers, no blocks
Old 05-18-2021, 10:00 AM   #6
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Well the axle has been placed below the springs without blocks and to level out the cart, either longer shackles or spacer blocks will do the job. I have not done a lift on a kawasaki powered ezgo so not sure of the exact procedure or if the brakes will need modifying. I would opt for blocks over longer shackles though for stability.
Regarding engine level, on the earlier models you just had to lower the front of the engine cradle by making a lowering bracket for the front cradle mount. Just a sturdy steel plate with four holes to drop the bracket. I think you can do the same here with this model.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 10:39 AM   #7
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Looks like you have enough room in your U-bolt length to add a block although I don't really see a spring pad or perch but I'm assuming they are on there.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 11:21 AM   #8
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I agree with Cartmaster, when they lifted the front, they moved the axle to below the springs to get the 3" lift in the rear. Almost looks like the springs have some reverse curve to them...maybe why it is sitting low in the back. Maybe this cart hauled some heavy payload? Looks like you could add a 1.5" block between the axle and springs without having to get new u-bolts, and you could get slightly longer shackles. The other option might be to simply replace the springs.

As I recall, the tray that holds the engine is longer in these machines than the robin one. The cross member distance from the front mount to the axle is the same, but the way the engine support mounts is different so the pivot starts further forward on the Kawi machines. I've done the swap, Kawi to Robbin before, so i know the distance is the same. No frame mods needed at all. You just have to swap everything under the cart to do it, but it all bolts up. That being said, your oil level line will likely be off, so oil change should be done based on quantity, not indicated level on the stick.
Old 05-18-2021, 07:41 PM   #9
gtistiffler
Not Yet Wild

It’s a weird one...everything is correct if you look up the Jake’s 3” lift kit. They are definitely 3” not 6”. There’s a small spacer under the springs. Hard to see in the pic. Anyway, I found the part number on the springs (3 leafs). Then i Called ezgo tech support and gave them my serial number to my cart. My cart is supposed to have the HD 4 leaf springs. Not sure how they got swapped out at some point prior to me owning it.
Old 05-18-2021, 07:54 PM   #10
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

My guess is that it was too stiff with the original 4-leaf, and and the previous owner removed one of the leafs from the springs to soften the ride, but also lowered the rear as a result. Blocks and new ubolts is the best solution, but it could be done with new shackles and shorter blocks. it isn't a lot of height and these are golf carts, not sports cars. One length of bar stock steel the same thickness as those shackles and with a drill and angle grinder, you could make both blocks and new shackles.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO