lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-14-2015, 07:32 PM   #11
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: Erratic Steering Stock 2010 Precedent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregorio View Post
It looks integral to the steering?
I think it's like that so when you're towing the cart the tires turn with the cart that's doing the towing... kind of a tongue twister
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-14-2015, 07:41 PM   #12
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
I think it's like that so when you're towing the cart the tires turn with the cart that's doing the towing... kind of a tongue twister
Yup, I have one on my 08 as well. It's a pretty nifty setup (yes, I said that)
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 07:43 PM   #13
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Old 04-15-2015, 01:13 PM   #14
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

I took your advice, David and removed the tow hitch. It took some muscle but what a huge difference it made. The cart now only has a moderate pull to the left. It is still a little more nervous on center than I'd like but at least now it is not trying to kill me.

I did some more measuring and believe the left spindle is indeed bent. There is a lot more negative camber and it is not the same at both ends of the wheel. The other side is immeasurably close. The other thing that caught my attention is the tire wear. When I put new tires on the front, I rotated the old fronts to the rear on the same side. During troubleshooting, I just rotated them back to their original positions and see that the left tire wear is plainly obvious.

Here is another pic from farther back. s93025505.onlinehome.us/front2.JPG

Now, my new question is do I replace the one spindle with stock or do I bite the bullet and replace them both at the same time? Or, do I dive in head first and install that Jake's front disc brake kit that I had on my wish list?

Thanks everyone for the help,
Greg

P.S. The left bearing lost it's dust seal but is still functional....for now.

Last edited by Gregorio; 04-15-2015 at 01:14 PM.. Reason: ADD DATA
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 01:21 PM   #15
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
I saw the link to the spindle and just assumed (I know, I know ) it was part of the steering system. It was gorilla tight but a large cheater bar did the trick. Big difference in steering feel and control after taking it off.
Old 04-15-2015, 01:28 PM   #16
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Cheaper pipes come in real handy sometimes...
Old 04-15-2015, 07:23 PM   #17
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
I took your advice, David and removed the tow hitch. It took some muscle but what a huge difference it made. The cart now only has a moderate pull to the left. It is still a little more nervous on center than I'd like but at least now it is not trying to kill me.

I did some more measuring and believe the left spindle is indeed bent. There is a lot more negative camber and it is not the same at both ends of the wheel. The other side is immeasurably close. The other thing that caught my attention is the tire wear. When I put new tires on the front, I rotated the old fronts to the rear on the same side. During troubleshooting, I just rotated them back to their original positions and see that the left tire wear is plainly obvious.

Here is another pic from farther back. s93025505.onlinehome.us/front2.JPG

Now, my new question is do I replace the one spindle with stock or do I bite the bullet and replace them both at the same time? Or, do I dive in head first and install that Jake's front disc brake kit that I had on my wish list?

Thanks everyone for the help,
Greg

P.S. The left bearing lost it's dust seal but is still functional....for now.

It appears to me that someone has been tampering with the alignment. Look at the jam nuts on the tie rod ends and count the threads. They should be even on both sides. It looks like one side is much further extended than the other.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 07:34 PM   #18
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
It appears to me that someone has been tampering with the alignment. Look at the jam nuts on the tie rod ends and count the threads. They should be even on both sides. It looks like one side is much further extended than the other.
I noticed that as well but it didn't register as a problem. The right has 7-8 threads showing and the left has 12-13. It might be to correct the bent spindle, right?
Old 04-15-2015, 08:27 PM   #19
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
I noticed that as well but it didn't register as a problem. The right has 7-8 threads showing and the left has 12-13. It might be to correct the bent spindle, right?
It could be, but it completely throws out everything we've talked about to an extent. If someone has tampered with it, you don't know which side they're adjusted. They may have adjusted both. About 5/8" of visible threads is normal. Whichever side has the normal thread count, I'd suspect the other side as being the problem.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 11:47 PM   #20
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Hmmm....aren't they independent?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car