lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-23-2015, 04:15 PM   #11
d6500k
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Runs for a second...

Yes, the solenoid does indeed "click".

Where might that little sucker be. And should I go ahead and 're-connect the M COR?

Again...thanks! If you need a great Caponnata Recipe....It is yours!

Doug
d6500k is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-23-2015, 05:50 PM   #12
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by d6500k View Post
Here are my findings

Jumped the MCOR two pin plug. It did not help, dang it. My hopes were indeed on that one. It ran for a few seconds tops.

Checked the batteries while in the failure mode and still had 48v with accelerator depressed.

Any other thoughts? The cables are in good shape but other than continuity and voltage, my testing gear is just a von.

Thanks again!
It's hard to properly test those batteries with a multimeter. They need to be load tested. Driving the car would provide a load on the battery pack, but since it won't run more than a few feet we can rule that out. Go to an auto part store and pick up a battery load tester and check them with it. Post your results. I'm not convinced you don't have a battery dropping out. Yes it's OK to go ahead and reconnect the MCOR.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 06:19 PM   #13
d6500k
Not Yet Wild

Cleaned/replaced the wire terminals on the Solenoid.... No Joy either. Runs for about 30 feet and stops

Will do as advised and load test the batteries. Also will reconnect the MCOR.

Certainly will post the fix when a solution is arrived at.

Thanks again bro...

Doug
Old 09-23-2015, 10:12 PM   #14
cartattach
Gone Wild
Club Car

I'm still leaning to the stuff you've said, stated with a shudder and got worse to where you are now. That means that somewhere something is starting to work and immediately failing. It is a textbook sign of a bad wire that still carries some load, somewhere in there. I have see people install new cables that were junk auto style and have the same issue you have. Can you get an OHM reading of resistance a few of your cables?>
cartattach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 10:49 PM   #15
d6500k
Not Yet Wild

I will be able to get ohm reading when I load test each battery. What resistance would be indicative of a bad cable. What would that value need to be in other words?
Old 10-01-2015, 12:22 PM   #16
d6500k
Not Yet Wild

Fixed with one caveat,

I purchased two more 12v GC batteries and installed them. Charged the pack, Still no Joy.

By passed the Solenoid. Ran the hot to the negative side along with the small red wire that goes to.? It's alive! Obviously the Solenoid is corrupt.

Here is my question now. With the Solenoid bypassed, the cart seems to work well with the exception being it does not have the top speed it used too. Like it is missing 3rd gear. Nearly snaps your head back through the first two speeds, then tops out and runs without anything overheating or other obvious problems.

Recommendations?
Thanks
Doug
Old 10-01-2015, 01:55 PM   #17
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Do not leave it that way. The Solenoid is a safety feature. If you bypass it and something fails, you won't be able to stop the cart.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 03:30 PM   #18
d6500k
Not Yet Wild

I have the safety issues covered as there is a new one in the plan.

Still, why does it now run at about 2/3 speed?

Is that part and parcel of the Solenoid issue? Replace it and we are back to full throttle?

Thanks... Again!

Doug
Old 10-01-2015, 04:17 PM   #19
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

Maybe a bit out of left field - but it was only the 2002 DS that had the solenoid drop-out issue, correct?
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 09:27 AM   #20
d6500k
Not Yet Wild

OK, could the fact that I have bypassed the Solenoid cause the speed sensor to engage the "limp mode"?

If Scott from the Enterprise was dealing with this year's golf cart he might have used his quote" the more they tinker with the plumbing, the easier to stop up the pipes"

Doug
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car