lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-19-2016, 08:33 PM   #61
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: >1 mph F or R - Fully Charged Help

Depends on how much you discharge the batteries now. How low they go between each recharge has a huge effect on how long they last (in years of usable lifespan).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-27-2016, 03:10 PM   #62
LSU MykuL
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

So i took the newer brake off and put back on the older one, which was a new one too and the symptoms are slightly different.With the older brake, it works better but still similar reactions (stutter, sounds like brake engaging/disengaging). I ordered the brake originally online through amazon, but it states its an OEM brake and the box had what appeared to be an OEM label and bar code. Can this be trusted or should i just pray for a refund and order directly through EZGO? It was half the price on amazon and said OEM so i thought that would work.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That is the link to the product i currently have installed on the cart.

Still think its batteries? Thoughts?
LSU MykuL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 03:11 PM   #63
LSU MykuL
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Forgot to mention, it stutters but not quite as often and i can actually get up to speed for a few seconds occasionally, where as the other brake wouldnt let me break past 1mph. all batteries are still showing 12.75v.
Old 12-27-2016, 05:12 PM   #64
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Having never bought motor brakes or other E-Z-GO parts via Amazon, I really don't know what advice to give. There seems to be obvious operational differences between the two new brakes you are trying. I would think that the battery voltages would be higher. Have you checked the battery bank voltage while you are driving when this happens? If it dips low enough, it can trip a low battery fault. This might be a combination problem issue where bordeline battery bank voltage is being affected by excess power consumption from motor brakes with coil impedances a bit lower than normal. There were some of those that made it out on the market.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 09:28 PM   #65
LSU MykuL
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

What is the proper way to check the pack when driving? What terminals, etc do i want to use?
Old 12-29-2016, 12:13 AM   #66
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU MykuL View Post
What is the proper way to check the pack when driving? What terminals, etc do i want to use?
If you follow the negative battery wire from the controller and the positive battery wire from the solenoid back to those battery terminals, that is where you would want to connect your voltmeter to.
Old 01-28-2017, 05:42 PM   #67
LSU MykuL
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

so, without wasting too much more of your time, i plan to drop it off at the shop next week, but wanted to let you know something. I let it sit for a few weeks, while on the charger off and on, and just took it for a spin. It ran perfect for about 10 minutes then the brake was really hot and it started acting strange again. Does this re-enforce any previous suggestions or still point to the brake?
Old 02-17-2017, 07:27 PM   #68
LSU MykuL
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Update: the cart is now at a reputable repair shop (authorized EZGO) and i just got a call that the controller was swapped, batteries tested, brake checked, motor tested, encoder bearing swapped and it still acts funny. Mechanic is going to swap out wiring harness next. Anyone ever had this part swapped and can give me a ball park on the 2009 RXV? If thats not the culprit, what would be next?
Old 02-17-2017, 07:46 PM   #69
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU MykuL View Post
Update: the cart is now at a reputable repair shop (authorized EZGO) and i just got a call that the controller was swapped, batteries tested, brake checked, motor tested, encoder bearing swapped and it still acts funny. Mechanic is going to swap out wiring harness next. Anyone ever had this part swapped and can give me a ball park on the 2009 RXV? If thats not the culprit, what would be next?
Wiring harness issues are common on the older RXVs. Corrosion in the splices, battery acid decrading wire insulation, ect.

Depending upon which harness they use, it can run $300+ to $1700+ labor and whatever other parts they charge you for. Harnesses can be bought as just the main harness, or a main harness 'kit' with solenoid and controller cover, resistor control assembly, ect.
Old 02-17-2017, 07:54 PM   #70
LSU MykuL
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

well I sure hope the lower end of that spectrum is the end I land at. Thank you for the quick reply. They said they have to order a new one to part swap unless other location in area has one in stock. I imagine it'll be a week before I hear back. Thanks again!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO