lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2020, 09:47 PM   #11
CartsRFun
Gone Wild

Default Re: Onward HP Dead after 9 days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockj50 View Post
The dealer currently has the cart and is telling me they are unable to find the issue. That is the reason for coming to the forum. I saw the person that started the thread had the exact same issue that I am having and was hoping that they may shed some light on the issue. Just hoping I can get a resolve to this quickly as it is literally a brand new cart that was rather expensive and I don’t want to have continuous problems with it throughout the ownership of it. Cross my fingers!!
Certainly a tough situation....Be firm with them about the expectation of them making
good on your new cart....I under the impression your new cart is inop still. If so
Dont' let them off the hook...stress it to them they must make good and that not
being able to diagnose or locate the problem is their problem, to solve not yours!!

You paid big $$$$$$ for a new cart...and you have not had the satisfaction of new cart
ownersnip....press the issue with dealership...either they get you a new cart or money
back....

Time is the essence....A year ago I purchased what to me at the moment was a beautiful
New Star Sirius...Many many issues recurring under warranty....went to the owner
Of the dealership and told him I was done ...take the cart back....this resulted in
my getting a new ICON.....Unfortunately I waited a year....lost some $$ but not
nearly as much had I kept the Sirius a few more months...my dealership came through
for me...

I hope your dealer comes through for you ....

It is a huge disappointment when new vehicles turn out to be problem child like
the Sirius was for me....

Best wishes for a good outcome!!!
CartsRFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-25-2020, 08:25 PM   #12
Brockj50
Not Yet Wild

So after a few days with the dealer and them spending hours on the phone with club car, they have narrowed it down to be a bad controller. That said, club car is overnighting a new controller to the dealer for install. Should this remedy the problem, should I be concerned about the overall life of the cart as it has had issues this early on in ownership? I understand things break, but in all my new vehicles I have bought and new toys I have purchased, I have never had one fail on me this early in ownership. Thoughts on whether to push this further than just having it fixed and hoping for the best?
Brockj50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 09:13 AM   #13
CartsRFun
Gone Wild

Quote:
So after a few days with the dealer and them spending hours on the phone with club car, they have narrowed it down to be a bad controller. That said, club car is overnighting a new controller to the dealer for install. Should this remedy the problem, should I be concerned about the overall life of the cart as it has had issues this early on in ownership? I understand things break, but in all my new vehicles I have bought and new toys I have purchased, I have never had one fail on me this early in ownership. Thoughts on whether to push this further than just having it fixed and hoping for the best?
Thank you for replying and sharing your findings....keep logs of who said and did what at the dealership....

It is hard to say whether what has happened to your new Club Car is indicative
of problems ahead..particularly that Club Car has a solid reputation...

Yet on the other hand...in my neck of the woods about 2 years ago 2 new
Club Cars were delivered and 1 of them had electrical problems from the get go. I seldom see these 2 carts roaming around my community...

Not wanting to ask how they like or how are the carts doing and offending
anyone...haven't asked...and therefore can only surmise.

My own experience with my Star Sirius...when it died multiple times with
a fully charged battery pack (3-4day stay in shop), pulsing squealing brakes,
bent brake actuator bar...and multiple visits to my home and back to the shop,
I called it quits...got rid of it...with time that cart was only going to get worse..
and various other recurring issues as well. parts taking 2 months to come from Star...unacceptable..!!

In your case Club Car is a highly regarded company...therefore hard to say..
My thinking is if any further electrical problems of any type...lights intermittent
cart not responding to throttle as it should...even the slightest ...log it..
brakes and parking brakes as well...

I truly hope all goes well for you.!! Do keep us posted
Old 08-26-2020, 09:34 AM   #14
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

Ok - so I have an Onward and just experienced the same thing. Cart ran slow AF for a few hours and then died completely. Got a new controller - didn't resolve issue - got a new motor - didn't resolve issue...

it turned out to be the MCOR - shop never told me this, but it was returned with the old MCOR in dash - so the Columbo in me contacted shop to ask and yes 'that was one of the issues' which I assume means it was THE issue.
Dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 10:03 AM   #15
CartsRFun
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dela View Post
Ok - so I have an Onward and just experienced the same thing. Cart ran slow AF for a few hours and then died completely. Got a new controller - didn't resolve issue - got a new motor - didn't resolve issue...

it turned out to be the MCOR - shop never told me this, but it was returned with the old MCOR in dash - so the Columbo in me contacted shop to ask and yes 'that was one of the issues' which I assume means it was THE issue.

Dela that is so sad that the tech at the shop did not check the MCOR as one of
th 1st things to check before replacing the motor even the controller...

Are these tech even certified?

Makes me wonder if Brockj50 and gmecca2 carts have a similar MCOR issue.

Hope everyone gets satisfaction from their dealers...
Old 08-27-2020, 05:17 AM   #16
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

I find it hard to beleive that these so called dealers don't have a Curtis programmer that would show them what the problem is 99 percent of the time...
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 10:26 PM   #17
Brockj50
Not Yet Wild

So...... my cart was returned to me today after the dealer bombarding club car to get them a programming code for the new controller. That said, the cart functions just as it should as far as run and drive go. Other than that, I have nothing. No turn lights at all, and the LED readout on the dash only shows what gear I am in and not the state of charge on the batteries. I am extremely frustrated, but I am not quite sure who to be frustrated with. The dealer explained that they talked to their club car rep and this is the 6th onward HP that they have had that has had the same problem. I want to be frustrated with club car but have zero resources on getting in touch with them to get more answers. My dealer has been overly accommodating but right now I am sitting with a 13k golf cart that runs and operates in the same way that a stock entry level hp would. Anyone have any insight on what the protocols are to do next in contacting someone from club car and getting some real answers?
Brockj50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 01:27 AM   #18
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
So...... my cart was returned to me today after the dealer bombarding club car to get them a programming code for the new controller. That said, the cart functions just as it should as far as run and drive go. Other than that, I have nothing. No turn lights at all, and the LED readout on the dash only shows what gear I am in and not the state of charge on the batteries. I am extremely frustrated, but I am not quite sure who to be frustrated with. The dealer explained that they talked to their club car rep and this is the 6th onward HP that they have had that has had the same problem. I want to be frustrated with club car but have zero resources on getting in touch with them to get more answers. My dealer has been overly accommodating but right now I am sitting with a 13k golf cart that runs and operates in the same way that a stock entry level hp would. Anyone have any insight on what the protocols are to do next in contacting someone from club car and getting some real answers?
This is a horrible story and it sheds a very poor light on CC corporation.
If it were me, I would request, through the dealership, a meeting with the _regional_ CC representative. If the meeting is agreed upon, and it should be, I would listen to his side of the story and then request a refund for the cart. Your side of the story has already been told.
I don't know in which State you live, but you should look into your "Lemon Law." Most States' Lemon Law will cover this situation. If for some reason yours does not, you can file under Federal Lemon Law. I would inform CC that you are considering this option if they are unwilling to resolve the issue with either a refund or a new cart, both in a very timely manner, i.e. 14 days. IMO, you have met your duty as the buyer but they have not met their obligation as the manufacturer via their dealer.
It makes no sense to give a company your hard earned money and then be held at their mercy while _they_ try to figure out _their_ manufacturing deficiencies and/or incompetence.
Don't be a poodle. It's time to be a bulldog.
CCNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 11:20 AM   #19
CartsRFun
Gone Wild

Hey brockj50

I strongly with CCNorth on his response to you....it's time to follow up with
exactly CCNorth's recommendation....in addition in a profesional and appropriate manner...tighten the screws put the pressure on relentlessly...and if it comes down to it....hopefully not...get a good attorney....enough of the abuse you have put up with....

Time is however of the essence....do not let time slide by...time for proactive
fast action...

Best wishes for a good outcome and not a half baked crooked one
Carts
Old 08-29-2020, 11:43 AM   #20
ncfenceguy
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I agree with the last 2 post!! One thing that I ran into one time with a camper I purchased, the dealer was trying but the issues weren't being resolved. So I went to a local attorney for advice. He said, I should let him make a few calls to the dealer and manufacturer in a official capacity and say all contacts from now on should be through his office. He made 2 calls, cost me $150, and the matter was cleared up in 4 days. Inferring that a lawsuit is on the way made real progress.....
ncfenceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car