lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-22-2021, 07:27 AM   #1
Ezgodan
Getting Wild

Default 04 precedent problems

I have 04 precedent. It has FnR switch and has run tow switch

While camping this last week. Sometimes it wouldn’t go. I could put in reverse and it would go. Then back in forward and it would go fine. Didn’t have this problem every time just intermittently. The solenoid always clicks when you put switch in either direction. Batteries are always fully charged.

The cart has upgraded navitas 440a controller and Lester summit charger. Batteries are 1 yo trogens. And upgraded plum quick motor

Thanks in advance for any help with this

Dan
Ezgodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-22-2021, 09:04 AM   #2
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: 04 precedent problems

With older cart (like mine), First thing to do (cheapest) is to clean/tighten (with wrench) all connections, then inspect/replace any wires that look aged/corroded (hard to see inside plastic covering). Also, check/feel for excessive heat after driving for a while, that's usually an indicator of a problem. Post Battery pack reading as well as individual battery voltages 12 hours after complete charge. Don't assume that it's an expensive componant until you have methodically tested/inspected things. Work your way from Pack positive out until return to pack negative. I've seen people spend $500 on controllers that was only $12 cable. Always put in tow when working on cart.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 11:27 AM   #3
R&TBabich
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezgodan View Post
I have 04 precedent. It has FnR switch and has run tow switch

While camping this last week. Sometimes it wouldn’t go. I could put in reverse and it would go. Then back in forward and it would go fine. Didn’t have this problem every time just intermittently. The solenoid always clicks when you put switch in either direction. ....
The solenoid clicks when all signals are sensed by the controller to send power to the motor: Tow/Run - ON, Key - On, Foot switch - depressed, FNR in either Forward or Run.
Since the solenoid gets latched the signals are reaching the controller, but with a loose connection or corroded switch one of the inputs may be marginal.
I agree with Bama Brad check/tighten all connections.
I would start with reseating the connections at the FNR switch.
Try reversing the FNR switch connections and see if Reverse doesn't work, it's just an On-Off-On switch and the Forward side contact may be corroded.
R&TBabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 12:33 PM   #4
garysmith39555
Getting Wild

Club Car

Could be a bad rocker switch in the FnR. EZ and cheap replacement.
garysmith39555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 11:36 AM   #5
Ezgodan
Getting Wild

I replaced the rocker switch still doing same thing. Is that the F&r switch I had ezgo and it had big switch My question is there another switch besides the rocker switch?

Also when you say Check all wire connections do you mean all of them on cart?
Old 06-05-2021, 03:47 PM   #6
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

Also could be an intermittent microswitch in the mcor...Disconnect the 2 pin connector from it and jump the connector with a paper clip or similar on the harness side..
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 08:31 AM   #7
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezgodan View Post
I replaced the rocker switch still doing same thing. Is that the F&r switch I had ezgo and it had big switch My question is there another switch besides the rocker switch?

Also when you say Check all wire connections do you mean all of them on cart?
That's what I did...ended up being one of the connection on controller wasn't tight enough.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 08:40 AM   #8
Mikefili
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by garysmith39555 View Post
Could be a bad rocker switch in the FnR. EZ and cheap replacement.
FNR switch can be bad, same symptoms on my President, intermittent operation, sometimes I had to switch F to R back and forth many times rapidly, changed the switch, problem solved, make sure to buy an OEM switch, not OEM LIKE,
New phrase to label Chinese junk and fool us :)
Mikefili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 05:39 PM   #9
Ezgodan
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikefili View Post
FNR switch can be bad, same symptoms on my President, intermittent operation, sometimes I had to switch F to R back and forth many times rapidly, changed the switch, problem solved, make sure to buy an OEM switch, not OEM LIKE,
New phrase to label Chinese junk and fool us :)
Where is F&R switch located. I ordered one but it was one with a rod for forward and reverse. I have a rocker switch
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car