lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-15-2022, 08:52 AM   #21
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 89 marithon 2 stroke wiring

See if you can find an adjusting screw on the regulator. The originals had them.

If you have the original, you could also try cleaning the points on it.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-20-2022, 03:49 PM   #22
sandfiend
Not Yet Wild

ok so maybe i am wrong. what should this thing be putting out as far volts in the charging system. i know a motorcycle is 13.5+. i can start it and disconnect the battery and it will run under its own power. my alt test light says the output is on the low side. my meter says 12.40 volt full throttle. new starter/gen. new solenoid. 2nd new regulator. everything is wired correctly. Im at a loss. each wire has been tested for connectivity at each end. could this be a battery problem ? battery says 12.2 volt also
sandfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 05:59 PM   #23
sandfiend
Not Yet Wild

So i think we are getting somewhere. the first regulator the contacts did not align. i think it was a Chinese knock off. On this new reg they do but it was not charging. i was a little fed up and just started adjusting the screw on the regulator. i have never messed with one of these and don't know what i was doing. i got it to charge at 12.9 so i adjusted it again 4 or 5 more times. i got it to 14V even. i took my remote starter jumper that gave everything power all the time bypassing the peddle. i took all my jumpers off and hooked the pedal back up. when it is running it will charge until you let ease off the peddle "just a little" then it stops charging even if you floor it again until the motor comes to a complete stop. once it starts again it will charge and do the same thing. i put my power jumper back on. with this Hot wired jumper it always has power to the HEI and coil so the motor will idle. you can let off the peddle and the volts will slowly drop to 12.9. as soon as you give it throttle the volts will climb to 14.0. i don't know if it's normal for it to stop charging if you let off the peddle. would it hurt to leave it hot wired by the key switch. it would start by turning the key. i know it will overheat if left idling.
Old 09-07-2022, 05:34 PM   #24
sandfiend
Not Yet Wild

cleaned all the switches and connections. it will now continue to charge when you let off the pedal and step back on it. it's been running good and charging good. thanks for everyone's help.
Old 09-08-2022, 12:00 PM   #25
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Glad to hear you got it running and Thanks for the follow up
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 11:20 PM   #26
sandfiend
Not Yet Wild

owner called me to say, he must have put 200 miles on it al ready at his ranch. that's all he drives around the ranch now.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO