lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-24-2010, 05:21 PM   #1
kdeerman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default help with Alltrax AXE 4855 settings

just bought a used 4855, downloaded software and need some direction on the settings. I have a 2004 EZGO series cart. The controller is not installed yet, I am bench programming it.

The controller was calibrated to 0-5K throttle, but I changed that to EZGO ITS. I reduced power to 80%, (because I am going to be running my stock motor.) I have 36 volts now, but plan to upgrade to 48V soon, I hope. Is there a setting to change from 36V to 48 V, or do I need to do anything when changing my battery pack?

Throttle response was set to linear. Undervoltage was minimun, overvoltage was maximum. The only two things I changed was the 0-5K to ITS throttle, and power from 100% to 80%. Is there any particular settings I need?

Doubletake from this forum said he runs his at 100% power. Will my motor take it?
Thanks.
kdeerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-24-2010, 05:33 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: help with Alltrax AXE 4855 settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeerman View Post
just bought a used 4855, downloaded software and need some direction on the settings. I have a 2004 EZGO series cart. The controller is not installed yet, I am bench programming it.

The controller was calibrated to 0-5K throttle, but I changed that to EZGO ITS. I reduced power to 80%, (because I am going to be running my stock motor.) I have 36 volts now, but plan to upgrade to 48V soon, I hope. Is there a setting to change from 36V to 48 V, or do I need to do anything when changing my battery pack?

Throttle response was set to linear. Undervoltage was minimun, overvoltage was maximum. The only two things I changed was the 0-5K to ITS throttle, and power from 100% to 80%. Is there any particular settings I need?

Doubletake from this forum said he runs his at 100% power. Will my motor take it?
Thanks.
80% is a good safety margin. Especially since you have a 500a unit. 80% should run like a 400a controller. You can always bump it up if you need more? I have run 36v motors on 650a 48v ~ They tend to get a little froggy
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 05:49 PM   #3
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

Sounds like you got everything set right!! I run the same settings on Ike's 4855.. The linear throttle response is what you want, but set the "ramp up" to about mid range.. This makes the accelerator less sensitive to every slight movement when riding in rough terrain..
CC-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 06:00 PM   #4
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Your controller does not care about the incoming voltage level, only that it falls within the minimum/maximum parameters that you set. Your 48v upgrade will go smoothly. I think bench programming is the way to go. Gotta be easier and safer than doing it in the chassis. Can you grab a pic of your benchtop setup?
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:13 PM   #5
kdeerman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks guys,

Scotty,
What does 'get a little froggy' mean?

CC-John,
How do you set the "ramp up" to about mid range?

Gornoman,
I have the setup at work - I will take some pictures tomorrow, and try to post the link with the detailed instructions.

Thanks again guys.
kdeerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:21 PM   #6
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

The "ramp-up" setting will be on the "Control panel" screen, just below the "over voltage" slider.. It's labeled "Throttle Up Rate".. The default setting is four, I set Ike's controller at six.. The maxed out setting was way too twitchy for my liking..

Old 05-24-2010, 10:46 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Yep, JOHN knows, twitchy and froggy(jumpy) is the same... I use a progressive throttle response to help with a gentler response at low speed. I works good in the brush for me

Bench wise I use 2 9v batteries in series with some little jumper wires and alligator clips.... The two 9v batteries will plug into each other in series ... like they were made for it.... I do it on my computer desk. The 18v positive goes to the #1 power up terminal and the 18v Neg goes to the B- terminal ...
Old 05-24-2010, 10:54 PM   #8
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Yep, JOHN knows, twitchy and froggy(jumpy) is the same... I use a progressive throttle response to help with a gentler response at low speed. I works good in the brush for me

Bench wise I use 2 9v batteries in series with some little jumper wires and alligator clips.... The two 9v batteries will plug into each other in series ... like they were made for it.... I do it on my computer desk. The 18v positive goes to the #1 power up terminal and the 18v Neg goes to the B- terminal ...
HEY!!!

You must have been peeking in the window when I was programming Ike's controller!! That sounds just like my method!!!

Old 05-24-2010, 11:10 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

That's where I left that ladder
Old 05-24-2010, 11:18 PM   #10
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
That's where I left that ladder
I wondered where that ladder came from!!! You must be short little SOB, my highest window is only three feet off the ground!!!

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO