lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-07-2011, 10:09 AM   #1
craigergordon
Not Yet Wild

Default club car problems

I have a DS model with coils. Cart lost power, but solenoid clicks. Can you help??
craigergordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-07-2011, 10:17 AM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: club car problems

welcome to BGW......a little more info will help.....lost power?????? all power and won,t run or just slowing down? start with basics 1st batteries and cables.........make sure cables are all clean and tight at connections....check water in batteries and add if needed ( distilled water only ) do you have a digital voltage meter? you,ll need one....................test and load test all the batteries it only takes one to stop the cart.........if you find that batteries are all good then we can go from there......what year is it? when you say all soleniods click how many clicks are you hearing?........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:43 AM   #3
craigergordon
Not Yet Wild

Hey Showdowman, thankyou for replying. Cart has no power as far as cart moving. Solinoid clicks and that is all. And yes I do have a volt meter.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:07 PM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

is it a 36 volt or 48 volt cart? did it just happen while driving or what? as i said the more info the better................................
Old 08-08-2011, 06:56 AM   #5
craigergordon
Not Yet Wild

Sorry I wasn't more specific. The player was out playing golf and it stopped working after eight holes. Originally they said it would go in reverse but not foward. When I got to it it would do neither. Batteries are clean and I just watered batteries two weeks ago. The cart is a 36 volt club car and is at least fifteen years old.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:11 AM   #6
craigergordon
Not Yet Wild

Sorry I wasn't more specific. The player was out playing golf and it stopped working after eight holes. Originally they said it would go in reverse but not foward. When I got to it it would do neither. Batteries are clean and I just watered batteries two weeks ago. The cart is a 36 volt club car and is at least fifteen years old. Is it possible that it is the solenoid, even though the solenoid is clicking when I press on accellerator. If so could you tell me the proper way to jump the solenoid?
Old 08-08-2011, 08:16 AM   #7
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

yes if its a 5 soleniod cart.......jack the rear up and on the furthest left drivers side soleniod ( thats the master ) take a peice of 6 gage cable and jump the large posts on it then turn key on put in gear and press pedal if wheels spin thats it........same thing if its a single soleniod cart but it will be in the middle in front of the batteries.................have you load tested the batteries? have you pulled or tugged each cable to make sure they don,t just look good...............are you filmilar with elec carts? as far as testing goes?..........you really should test and load test batteries 1st along with checking cables............................
Old 08-09-2011, 06:44 AM   #8
craigergordon
Not Yet Wild

Hey shadowman, I found out the problem. It was a motor wire. You got me thinking when you asked if it stopped while driving the cart. So I checked the motor connections and there it was. The thing that seems strange is tha they said the cart originally went in reverse but not foward. I am just glad I solved the problem, with your help. Thanks!!
Old 08-09-2011, 09:12 AM   #9
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

glad to hear it....................................... ..

Tags
no power, solenoid clicks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car