lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-16-2011, 10:33 PM   #1
arcitech
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Post Hey: New Guys!

Do us all a favor, if you want help, tell us the year and type of drive you have on your cart,(DCS,PDS or Series) and any modifications or deviations from the stock confuguration. If you don't do that much for us, we can't do much for you.

Then, use the search function and type in the question that you have before you post it to the forum. You most probably will find the answer and avoid an embarassing and lengthy set of posts that describe how inept you are at basic searches and general knowledge of electricity.

We are all in this together, and helping each other is fun and rewarding in a twisted kind of way. If you must ask for help, please don't assume that we all have telepathy and can see your cart from a thousand miles or more away.

Good spelling and common sense are the best tools you can have on this forum. Don't type without them.

P.S. If you think this is wrong, I have a few choice words that I learned in my years in the US Navy, and I will gladly share them or direct them to you as needed. I've never been accused of being "politically correct".
arcitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-16-2011, 10:36 PM   #2
arcitech
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Hey: New Guys!

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be so mean, I just can't stand when some individuals don't take the time to do the research to get their answers and expect to be spoon fed by those who have already taken the time to review and research the forums and glean the answers that are already out there!!!
arcitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 11:26 PM   #3
Hypersprint
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

So, is this the treatment us newbies can expect when we have a problem finding a solution because we don't know the exact words to use in a search to find an answer to a problem we are having???????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????

Obviously someones question was beneath your intelligence level so instead of helping them you chose to bash EVERYONE! There is not anyone here who has asked a question this week that has not been answered at least once before but unless you hit the right key words you will never find it. Maybe we should take a look back at any questions you have asked recently and see how many times they have been asked AND answered before.
Hypersprint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 11:32 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Don't make me separate you 2

... I understand your frustration but .......
Lack or pertinent information is a problem that stems back to the first help forum. You may not like it but the dentistry work is a necessary part of the learning process for the OP. They are new to GC & don't know what info is pertinent or how to tell one drive system from another. So get over it or get on with it.

Remember this is a discussion board, part of the discussion is the unearthing of pertinent information and repeat questions...
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 11:47 PM   #5
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

OWN3D............... sorry I had to do it
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 01:18 AM   #6
Gonkulor
Astronautilator

E-Z-GO

ROFL.

These forums are very helpful and I usually lurk/search allot before asking a question. However, forum searches are usually lacking unless one enters the question with the exact same syntax as the original poster.

I have found a way that works for me though and that is to enter the web forum address and my question into google. This site has the google search availability built in, wtg webster. Not all sites do and I use my way without even looking on the forums for it *shrug.

Regards
Gonk

Last edited by Gonkulor; 09-17-2011 at 01:29 AM.. Reason: added content
Gonkulor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:54 AM   #7
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonkulor View Post
ROFL.

These forums are very helpful and I usually lurk/search allot before asking a question. However, forum searches are usually lacking unless one enters the question with the exact same syntax as the original poster.

I have found a way that works for me though and that is to enter the web forum address and my question into google. This site has the google search availability built in, wtg webster. Not all sites do and I use my way without even looking on the forums for it *shrug.

Regards
Gonk
The Google search here works far better than the default Vbulletin search. Thats what I use.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 07:28 AM   #8
Silverstreak
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm probably one of the guilty newbies. As far as a couple questions I had, my searches yielded good info, but it was about 4-5 years old and alot can change in that time (regarding certain brands, etc.)
I'll try to figure out how to post my cart info so it comes up automatically with my posts.
Silverstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:58 AM   #9
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverstreak View Post
.........I'll try to figure out how to post my cart info so it comes up automatically with my posts.
Click on "User CP" (User Control Panel) on second menu bar above.

Select "Edit Signature" and fill in your cart's description.
Select "Edit Avatar" and post a picture that will appear under your name.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 11:31 AM   #10
Silverstreak
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Johnnie!
Silverstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO