lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-23-2011, 01:14 AM   #21
ColbyKiller
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax Controller or Low Gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColbyKiller View Post
...Do you do the programming before the controller gets sent out or...???
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColbyKiller View Post
...Would you mind sending me a PM with a quote for said controller/cable upgrade?...
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
My bet is price and % of torque increase is the reason we don't see more gear lowering. I could be wrong...
I've found the gears for roughly $400 but not sure if that is everything needed to do the swap or not. Also after doing more research, all of the big name buggies are sticking with the 12:1 ratio so I'm thinking I should be fine. Granted I'm underpowered compared to most of them, I'm assuming it should still be sufficient. Either way, back to my quote in this post, could you send me a PM with price and further details for the items you mentioned earlier, please, scottyb?

Thanks,

Rodney
ColbyKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-23-2011, 01:22 AM   #22
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The Ezgo gears of 15:1 is about a 20% reduction in gearing. It's a good idea just the ratios needed are not available.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 06:38 AM   #23
Hillbilly Deluxe
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Are you comparing 36 to 48v? No there is not much equal to compare .... are you comparing 400a to 700amps? Are you just saying go big spend twice as much and get more than most people need? I'm trying to follow you here.
I was simply saying that a two wheel drive bad boy buggy is 48 volt sepex with a big controller. A 36 volt sepex isn't going to be the same, torque or range. I could be mistaken just comparing the three I have personally ridden/owned. No offense intended.
Hillbilly Deluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:57 PM   #24
ColbyKiller
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
The Ezgo gears of 15:1 is about a 20% reduction in gearing. It's a good idea just the ratios needed are not available.
I could have swore I found a set somewhere online for sale that were 18:1 a couple months ago, but can't for the life of me find them now.
ColbyKiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gear, gears, high, low, torque
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO