lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2011, 02:37 PM   #1
jonequest
Gone Wild

Default Horn on wheel question and idea to make it work?

I just installed a new billet wheel and column cover. I can get the wire up to the wheel but I need the rotating spring loaded contact pin on the column side and the copper disk for the wheel side. Is this available for an EZGO? I also want to retain the all aluminum billet style I now have. BUT I was brainstorming and had a flash....

What about rigging up a wireless doorbell switch (transmitter) to the horn button and have it transmit to the doorbell receiver that you simply have triggering a relay for a car horn. Or if you are gay you could just leave it with the doorbell sound. But in theory it would solve the whole wire down the column thing and the batteries in those doorbell buttons last a good year or so. Any thoughts? Has this already been solved in an easier way?
jonequest is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2011, 03:00 PM   #2
Legendary Golf Carts
Gone Wild

Default Re: Horn on wheel question and idea to make it work?

The steering wheel only turns so much, if there is a space in the wheel like with the stock wheel you could just put a long enough wire in there so it doesn't strech to far. if it is just flat I would try to make the doorbell thing work, I dont see why it wouldn't.
Legendary Golf Carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO