lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-26-2016, 06:08 PM   #1
Ken taylor
Not Yet Wild

Default 2010 club car solenoid dropping out

I have a 2010 club car precedent 48volt cart . When carthe begins to decelerate, going in reverse, and sometimes traveling at same speed . Cart stops and reverse buzzer announcement. Replaced speed sensor even though it passed the rolling test . But still continues to do this doesn't matter if cart has been running or first thing in am . Checked obvious loose connections , battery power , hanging brakes . Please help
Ken taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-26-2016, 10:29 PM   #2
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2010 club car solenoid dropping out

Check your forward and revers switch. Loosen the two screws with a #25 torx bit and replace or check to see if you have an issue with the internal rocker on the switch. The switch will come apart with a small flat head or pick and you can check or bend the internal contact points slightly to ensure they make good contact.

Reverse buzzer only sounds when reverse switch is engaged. Or if system as been completely disconnected and reconnected.
I would also try a OBC reset.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 05:05 AM   #3
Ken taylor
Not Yet Wild

I will check that thank you , do you know if on an mcor drop out will reverse buzzer alert ?
Old 06-27-2016, 08:18 AM   #4
Ken taylor
Not Yet Wild

Not sure I understand I thought the reverse audible will go off if the regen system activates also . Sorry I'm new to the cart world and have trying to read any and all posts related .
Old 06-27-2016, 09:27 AM   #5
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Ken,
It seems like you are getting the roll away braking beeping which would go off when the pedal is not pressed and the cart is rolling. That makes me think the mcor is loosing contact of the micro switch. ( the two pin connector) jump it with a paper clip or wire. Then see what happens.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 10:06 AM   #6
Ken taylor
Not Yet Wild

Thanks to both of you sounds like a paper clip is in my future . Cart stays at campground will update after this weekend .
Old 07-04-2016, 08:24 AM   #7
Ken taylor
Not Yet Wild

Hey all you troubleshooters I tried the paperclip trick several times still dropping out . I tried the obc reset did not help , jumped out the fnr switch no luck . As soon as I take foot off of go Pedal it comes to stop and audibles . Is there any solonoid drop out harness or resister in this cart . Would the 3 wire side mcor cause this . Is it possible the controls is causing this issue . Here is cart number pq1038-130456 standard 250amp controller .according to guy I bought it from it was course cart that was refurbished by club car after lease ending . Thanks for any help
Old 07-04-2016, 08:48 AM   #8
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Look at the small red wire from the solenoid big post going to the Tow/Run switch.

Test that diode in the harness to make sure it did not fail, it the diode is shorted both ways, it can trigger a "Solenoid drop out error" when the controller switches into Regen mode.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...09_iq_mcor.jpg
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 09:09 AM   #9
Ken taylor
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Sergio,How to test this diode any info would be great I did see diagram pic .
Old 07-04-2016, 09:14 AM   #10
Ken taylor
Not Yet Wild

Can anyone explain a better way to access wiring and controller area other than small panel in rear of cart , don't know how to get to wires behind run tow panel
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car