lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-17-2016, 01:33 PM   #1
Tomahawk
Not Yet Wild

Default 95 36v car won't move, not the solenoid...

Hey everyone, new here and I am searching my butt off but wanted to post as well in case anyone has some quick advice. So I just acquired a 95 cart and it won't budge. I am reading about 33 volts on the batteries and the reverse buzzer will come on, but it won't move in either direction. I do not hear a click from the solenoid and I've also tried jumping the key switch in case that was bad. Also the charger doesn't turn on but that's probably another issue. I'm trying to troubleshoot each item in the order of power so that I can eliminate them, but I'm new to electric carts and wiring diagrams, so any help is appreciated.
Tomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-17-2016, 02:10 PM   #2
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Default Re: 95 36v car won't move, not the solenoid...

You have to start with the basics- battery voltage under a load. 36 volt car is easy to figure out.

Jump the solenoid big posts and see if cart runs. That will rule out half the cart. Do that after you have checked the batteries. Charger not turning on could be helping to point you in the right direction.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 02:17 PM   #3
Tomahawk
Not Yet Wild

Well I disregarded electricity 101 and jumped them with it in fwd and with everything connected. The Sparks startled me, but that was my fault, but the cart dos move when I jumped the two large posts. Albeit not much, but movement is a step in the right direction I suppose.
Old 07-17-2016, 02:19 PM   #4
Tomahawk
Not Yet Wild

I'm also not sure what the limits are on the charger. I am getting about 33v on the pack so not sure if that's still under the limits to turn it on or not. The batteries were previously dry and are older batteries, but they aren't marked to tell how old. I refilled them and charged them individually to get to where they are now.
Old 07-17-2016, 02:32 PM   #5
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

OK, motor works, f/R switch works, speed control works, its a control issue. So check power to the small terminals of the solenoid when you step on the pedal. Pack voltage to that point means the solenoid is no good. You jumped the key switch, so that part is good, from there you look at the micro switches, one of those will be bad, if the solenoid is not getting power.... see, simple
Old 07-17-2016, 02:39 PM   #6
Tomahawk
Not Yet Wild

Okay so with the key on and on fwd I have my meter set for volts and with the pedal down I get nothing from the two small posts regardless of which one I put the positive or negative lead to. The only micro switch I see is on top of the fwd/rev selector. Could I just jump the blue and yellow wire and if it's bad I should move?
Old 07-17-2016, 02:41 PM   #7
Tomahawk
Not Yet Wild

And I am currently reading 33.4 volts from the pack which is also the same reading at the two large posts on the solenoid
Old 07-17-2016, 03:55 PM   #8
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Forget the large posts of the solenoid at this point, we are past that. You don't have voltage to the small posts- its a control issue- micro switch-pulled small wire to the micro switch-V glide micro switch- something along those lines at this point.
Old 07-17-2016, 04:18 PM   #9
Tomahawk
Not Yet Wild

Okay, so would I be able to jump wires to test any of those or do they need to be checked with the voltmeter? I don't want to just start jumping stuff and short out something else with my lack of experience on these.
Old 07-17-2016, 04:26 PM   #10
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Its a micro switch- continuity or no continuity. If it doesn't click, chances are good its no good
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car