lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-29-2016, 12:40 PM   #21
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Best approach for 25mph on a precedent

You know that people who get the controllers first say that they wished they got a motor first. But in reality it is really the combination of the motor and controller that made the difference. Especially for people that live in hilly areas. Florida might be another story.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-29-2016, 01:08 PM   #22
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I don't know where you are getting your information. You are making some funny blanket statements?
What works in the flatlands won't work in the hill country.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 09:50 PM   #23
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I don't know where you are getting your information. You are making some funny blanket statements?
What works in the flatlands won't work in the hill country.
Yump... When I went from a 250 amp controller to a 500 amp controller on my PQ motor went from ho-hum to "holy chitty Batman"
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 07:52 AM   #24
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by teecro View Post
Yump... When I went from a 250 amp controller to a 500 amp controller on my PQ motor went from ho-hum to "holy chitty Batman"
Thank you for posting your experience.

When I went from stock 225 control to just the XCT400IQ controller alone, I went from ho hum to hang on Momma!

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ntrols-iq.html
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 08:02 PM   #25
bobbybones
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I think today we know a lot more about how these motors work and the controls today are considerably advanced. Hundreds if not thousands of owners have increased the controller for their stock motors and are enjoying the benefits without problems.
Remember controllers do not send amperage to the motor as in force feed. They simply allow access to more amperage.
My CC Precedent currently stock motor and 400a XCT control is 23 mph. I have monitored heat while in heavy use and see nothing alarming.

I said it before - there is more than one way to skin this cat. I know the controller first route produces more controllable results with more performance options.

Do my golf cart is a 2009
Club car precedent and so FA I have lifted it 12" all Terran tires had to change mcor and still have the stock motor with new 2015 batteries. I was hoping to do a little work on it this winter and was going to look for some speed and torque and if I am correct you are saying by just doing an alltrax xct 400 I will gain both ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bobbybones is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car