lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-29-2016, 03:01 PM   #11
jbsmith05
Gone Wild

Default Re: Can I just swap the motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
You will definitely notice a loss of torque when You install those 23" tires on the stock controller.

As was mentioned before, those controllers are fully programmable, so you could even set it up for a Max of 250amps like the stock controller, but that is not needed.

The best thing is to set the "throttle rate" as low as it is acceptable to you.

That allows the motor to slowly develop its torque and increase speed, which reduces the wasted energy that heats up the motor.

Although it is true the controller cannot "push" current, it is also true the motor will consume more current than it can convert into torque, the rest is wasted as heat.

The trick is to allow the motor access to enough current so it can develop its max torque without providing so much that it will heat up.

The "throttle rate" setting in conjunction with the "torque curve" allows you to fine tune the controller to your stock motor where it can develop much more torque than under the OEM controller without heating up excessively.
Thanks! Good information. I'm going to see what it's like in stock form before I start spending more money. But I know that I will shortly afterwards so if I just put the 400a XCT (or do I need the 500a?) without immediately switching cables and solenoid (to limit outlay of cash) does that pose any safety issue or will I simply just not realize the total potential until those are switched as well?

I like to upgrade in stages, rather than spend $$$$$ and do it all at once.
jbsmith05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car