lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-20-2016, 09:36 PM   #1
ericandrews331@msn.com
Gone Wild

Default Looking for a Sergio the electrical Guru

I have been told there is a guy named Sergio that might if he were willing be able to help me solve an electrical issue with a "gas Club car. Here is the situation;

Club car DS is a key start conversion (previously a pedal start).

Unable to get the charging voltage from S/G through 3 pole(2 lrge + 1small) continuous use solenoid.

Current wiring configurations: large white wire from S/G to one lug continuous use solenoid. 1 red wire from V/R (voltage reg) and 1 red wire to the positive terminal on the battery to the other large pole

What I know; If I keep the blue start (control wire) from my "key start" connected along with the white jumper wire from the S/G side of the solenoid I blow the fuse Immediately prior to start, if I remove the white jumper wire, connect the blue wire alone the car starts, remove the blue wire temporary drop the white jumper AND the battery is immediately hitting 14.7volts my target turn the key off and the cart continues to run (no blue control wire) take off the white jumper drop on the blue control wire and the cart will shut down in off position

I have an additional 4 pole continuous use solenoid if this would help or be required;

What I need is to keep it a key start and be able to have the S/G charge my battery and I am hoping you could help> On the CC gas side many are willing to help but it is throwing them off that its a key start (formally a pedal start)

Can someone on Club car electric side help
ericandrews331@msn.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2016, 12:08 AM   #2
theboss20
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Smile Re: Looking for a Sergio the electrical Guru

Hope this helps...the voltage regulator controls the charging plus you must use a four post solenoid...but it does not have to be constant duty.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (68.0 KB, 0 views)
theboss20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 08:19 AM   #3
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Looking for a Sergio the electrical Guru

I am on vacation this week so I have limeted resources available to research.

Reading your description and looking at the diagram posted, I have a few comments:
The white cable from S/G F2 terminal and the red wire from the voltage regulator are supposed to be on the same solenoid post

The neutral switch and the pedal kill switch control the negative side of the solenoid coil, so I am not sure how you wired a 3 post solenoid (negative always on frame).

I never worked or even looked at the electrical circuit for the Gas carts, so it would help if you can diagram the changes you made to the electrical circuit.

You may actually find the problem once you start drawing your circuit.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 11:45 AM   #4
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericandrews331@msn.com View Post
.... On the CC gas side many are willing to help but it is throwing them off that its a key start (formally a pedal start)
... Ouch!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 01:21 PM   #5
ericandrews331@msn.com
Gone Wild

Key start has no micro switches as it is a key start and doesn't need them. 2) solenoid is always open unless there is power to the small control pole 3) a 3 pole solenoid uses the metal mounting bracket as ground and ground is ground no matter how it gets there a 4 pole solenoid uses the 4 pole as a ground I am not sure there is a difference between the two different grounds but I have both available
ericandrews331@msn.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car