lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-15-2016, 01:38 PM   #1
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default LED Headlights & Backup Lights

Presently my cart has no lights and I will need headlights and thinking of a switched backup light and would like some input. I'm setting this cart up to transport me to and from a hunt location so I don't need or want massive light bars. I like the look of factory headlights on the DS and I have seen aftermarket units that resemble the OEM lights. Would you purchase an OEM halogen set and replace the lamps or go with the aftermarket LED? My only reservation with aftermarket lights is finding exact replacements 5 years down the road that may or may not fit the cutout in the body as compared to just finding replacement LED lamps.

Secondly- I would like to install a switched backup light for when I'm in the woods. Again, I'm leaning toward a lights cut-in and flush mounted similar to the regular tail lights on CC. I don't need much light but it would nice to see when its pitch black out. I'm going to look at boat trailer lighting as I know on those expensive bass rigs come with flush backup lights. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Hunter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-15-2016, 01:45 PM   #2
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: LED Headlights & Backup Lights

They should make direct replacement LEDs for your cart, If that would help your decision. As far as the back, you will probably have that issue if you want to replace one lamp in 5 years and you cut it out which isn't factory in the first place. The good news these LEDS last a really long time so this may not be that much of an issue, also they make so many you should be able to find replacements that would be very similar to what you have or need.
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 03:38 PM   #3
crash test dummy

i went with the club car oem light kit with the led blubs they are brighter that stock halogen

cree makes a 4" flush mounted LED flood light

Old 09-28-2016, 07:41 PM   #4
jroeiii
Getting Wild
Club Car

I hung a set of LED lights (eBay $30?) to the factory bumper mounts by extending the bolt, cheap and easy to replace / upgrade. Plenty of light to see when I backup even with the rear seat deck installed and aiming them down low. The signature pic shows the rear lights.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7511.jpg (207.6 KB, 0 views)
jroeiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 07:48 PM   #5
jroeiii
Getting Wild
Club Car

For the front, I used a 15" LED bar which provides MORE than enough light. I bolted to the factory mounting holes in the front behind the plastic bumper cover with a bolt down down from the LED mounts. There is a little vibration, but none significant enough to bother me.

Head --> Lock Washer --> LED MOUNT --> Lock Washer --> Nut -----THREAD-----NUT--> Lock Washer --> FRAME --> Lock Washer --> Nut.

I controlled the height of the light with increasing / decreasing how far the bolt goes thru the frame until I was happy with the "tucked" look against the body.

Second I spaced the plastic bumper away from the aluminum mount by adding 3-4 washers on each side to create clearance for the bolt going down thru the frame supporting the LED bar. I could have trimmed the plastic piece but I wanted to ensure there weren't vibration issues before doing so and left it ever since.

Both of these options are inexpensive, easy to wire, no drilling, no cutting, little draw on the batteries with LED and plenty of light.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7510.jpg (208.7 KB, 0 views)
jroeiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car