lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-19-2016, 06:44 PM   #1
LJ12530
Gone Wild

Default 2004 DS brake - extra part ?

Working on a cart right now. Problems was that the brake pedal was "hard" and the cart would barely stop....after a good distance. Removed the drum. The shoes are in good shape. I noted that the sliders on both wheels were just about impossible to move.
Removed the left shoes and cleaned things up and am attempting to re-install.
questions

1. In the attached pic you can see a small circular spring. Not sure where it came from. Can't find it in a parts break down. Guessing it might go behind the nut that attached to the bolt that goes through the backing plate.

2. If I have it right the slider assembly should be free to move. If you tighten the bolt/nut that goes through the backing plate the slider won't move at all. Any thoughts on how tight the nut should be, and should the slider in fact be free to move?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DS extra spring.jpg (233.2 KB, 0 views)
LJ12530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-19-2016, 07:52 PM   #2
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2004 DS brake - extra part ?

The slider nut just gets tightened up snug, but still allow the slider to move, normally you never touch it....ever, I always hate it when people do.
The spring I am at a loss on too. I'm gonna look tomorrow, I'm sure Ill have one apart.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 09:14 PM   #3
LJ12530
Gone Wild

Thank you!!! I've been looking all over for info on how to tighten the bolt. I now have then so that the assembly slides left/right when I grasp the shoes and slide them left/right.
Old 09-19-2016, 09:50 PM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Looks like the spring is broken out of the slide mechanism where the lever attached to it.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 10:40 PM   #5
LJ12530
Gone Wild

The spring assembly seemed intact. It looks like this assembly and has the 2 springs attached as shown in the pic.

I worked on the cart because the brakes were just not effective stopping the cart. When I took it apart I couldn't move either slider. Everything is now loose and working, but the brakes are still not as effective as I am used to on other carts.

The shoes have been on the cart a couple of years, but they are still have better than half remaining.

It just seems to me the drum/shoe are not generating enough friction although they are better now than they were.

When the cart is stopped I can depress the brake normally and the cart will not move.

I've not driven an DS before. Do they require more pedal pressure than a Precedent?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DS rear brake detail copy.jpg (145.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-20-2016, 05:45 AM   #6
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Properly adjusted brakes, and a 5 year old can stop it, that goes for all golf carts.
If the brakes were way out of whack- they may need to get re seated- 6-10 miles, and they will be better.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car