lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2016, 10:08 PM   #1
BrannonGarrett
Not Yet Wild

Default Reverse not working. Tried all the common fixes already. Please help

I have a 2002 CC DS 48v series cart that was converted to a 6 seater. It has a new 400a controller, new solenoid, new F/R switch, new MCOR and motor just came back from Plum Quick. 2 things......1) solenoid just clicks in reverse but nothing happens. I have a spare solenoid and tried it too but no dice. 2) the cables are new battery to battery and they stay nice and cool while riding but the cable going from the pack positive to the motor get really hot. Any suggestions as to what to try next is greatly appreciated.
BrannonGarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-25-2016, 09:01 AM   #2
BrannonGarrett
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Reverse not working. Tried all the common fixes already. Please help

If I switch the two wires on the backside (side facing front of cart) then reverse works but forward doesn't. Maybe I have the switch wired wrong but not sure.
Old 09-25-2016, 09:27 AM   #3
Ribber
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Reverse not working. Tried all the common fixes already. Please help

You may want to read my thread 'Power Surging' right under yours. I had similar issues and was able to narrow it down with these guy's help, but you may have a different issue.
There is a wiring diagram in the stickies section that will help to see if you have FnR wired correctly.
Ribber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 09:44 AM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

You should have no cable going from Pack positive directly to the Motor, that would defeat the purpose of having a solenoid.

I agree you have something wired wrong, most likely the cables from Motor S1 and S2 are not properly connected to the swivel posts of the FNR switch.

Use this diagram for reference:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac..._with_mcor.jpg
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 01:20 PM   #5
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Let me guess.....Aftermarket Forward/Reverse switch? Seen them not work right out of the box. A club car no forward or no reverse issue on a series car is always in the F/R switch. Either a micro switch or the contacts.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 08:52 PM   #6
BrannonGarrett
Not Yet Wild

I misspoke Sergio. The cable goes from pack positive to the solenoid. And yes, the F/R is aftermarket. I still have the original one and it does the same thing. I will use the wiring diagram and check it all tomorrow. Appreciate the help!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car