lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-11-2012, 12:11 AM   #11
mjjust
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Yet another Marathon rebuild.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongway View Post
Hey Colton....Come on over.....We got pictures!!!!
Nice
mjjust is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-11-2012, 01:12 AM   #12
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Woooooooooooooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooooooooooooo..... This is going to be good. I wish I was starting all over. It is so much fun. Doing my cart was probably the best time I ever had. Now all I get is to follow Bill's cart build and picture myself being there doing it

I have dreams I am working on his cart(wrongway)

Keep the pictures coming or I will harass. If you are unsure of how many to post, wander on over to my thread and you can see how many pictures there are

Colton
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:36 AM   #13
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjjust View Post
Plans after the wrap include:
Undercoating cart with truck bed liner
clean up of battery tray and coat with bed liner
New cables
Upgraded F-N-R switch
separate 12V battery system
??? solar charger for 12 V???
new lights
replace all trim pieces
new stereo and speakers
new seats, rear seat kit
seat belts front and rear
HD springs
Possibly new shocks
Lift?
tires/wheels
and a few lighting tricks I've picked up from motorcycling.

Overall, should be a fun project.
I don't know where you are in TX, but I live in the Atlanta area, so kinda South, but we do get below freezing every once and a while.

If I had to do mine over, I'd put my stereo in the dash. I have an overhead console, which I love. However, that precludes me from ever being able to pull the roof off and put on a sports windshield.

When I first got it, I drove around without either roof or windshield. No windshield is brutal on the eyes, but if you're used to biking or boating, you know what I mean. No roof was way cool in the summer.

Just a thought.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:04 AM   #14
mjjust
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
I don't know where you are in TX, but I live in the Atlanta area, so kinda South, but we do get below freezing every once and a while.

If I had to do mine over, I'd put my stereo in the dash. I have an overhead console, which I love. However, that precludes me from ever being able to pull the roof off and put on a sports windshield.

When I first got it, I drove around without either roof or windshield. No windshield is brutal on the eyes, but if you're used to biking or boating, you know what I mean. No roof was way cool in the summer.

Just a thought.
Cypress is just outside of Houston, so we get the brutal heat/humidity here too. At this point, I plan to keep the roof just to provide some shade. The cart came with a fold down windshield, so it's pretty easy to go from wind-in-the-face to full protection. Cart also had a stereo mounted in the dash when I got it. I plan to keep it there since the hole is already there. Who ever installed it mounted some cheap surface mount speakers to the rear roof supports. Only one worked so they are both in the trash and will be replaced with some marine speakers soon.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:05 AM   #15
mjjust
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltf1991 View Post
Woooooooooooooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooooooooooooo..... This is going to be good. I wish I was starting all over. It is so much fun. Doing my cart was probably the best time I ever had. Now all I get is to follow Bill's cart build and picture myself being there doing it

Keep the pictures coming or I will harass. If you are unsure of how many to post, wander on over to my thread and you can see how many pictures there are

Colton
I've seen your thread and all the pics in it. I don't think I'll put quite as many up as I tend to forget to take pictures as I'm working.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:11 AM   #16
wrongway
Gone Crazy

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltf1991 View Post

Colton
Come on over,I could use the help! Haven't you always wanted to vacation in Bama? If you decide to come..swing by AR..when Terry's not looking and pick up Bob..I know he needs a Vacation!
wrongway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:28 AM   #17
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongway View Post
Come on over,I could use the help! Haven't you always wanted to vacation in Bama? If you decide to come..swing by AR..when Terry's not looking and pick up Bob..I know he needs a Vacation!

I got family in the good ole Bama. Yea Bob needs to get away from airplanes for a while and purple golf carts.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:25 PM   #18
Gonkulor
Astronautilator

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjjust View Post
I purchased this fairly clean, stock 1994 Marathon back in September. The main reason for buying this is to use around my inlaw's weekend place near Freeport, TX. Just something to run down to the marina and back with, and for the kids to tool around on. So, here she is:
Wonderful clean cart project you have there mjjust. Have fun tweaking your Marathon my man. I'm glad to see another all metal project shared here.

Shon
Gonkulor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 04:26 PM   #19
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

If you want some super great advice and an entire tear down, Shon right above me is doing a marathon first class and he has a bunch of pictures.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:14 PM   #20
mjjust
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I've been watching Shon's build for a while now. I'm not planning to go that deep into it (not yet, anyways), but I have learned a bit about the marathon from watching it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO