lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-31-2013, 02:57 PM   #11
redpepe
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Pulling Trailers?

hi all,
new here though i joined a few years back. been upgrading a bit ... 4ga wires and 3 new 6v batteries. i have an '82 marathon, stock as far as i can tell though beat up by previous owners. i bought it as a yard donkey for $250 and it ran well enough considering the lack of care. i've pulled my homemade 24' aluminum trailer, somewhat loaded, and another moderate home made that i pull behind my geo metro all the time. i also drag a small spring tooth harrow over the back weeds.

i would love to know a simple / cheap way to gear down the cart to tractor ultra low speeds. i've made an electric rototiller .... 32" ... that i run on 12v inverted to 120v. i use a harbor freight hd angle drill for powering the tiller. i also include a hf 'router speed controller' in the circuit. i ran it in moderate soil for over an hour on a single 10 year old marine battery. considered putting a lift of some sort on the cart hitch / receiver for such implements.

not specifically related to the cart .... i similarly power and run a 20's vintage? 2 wheel sears tractor.
redpepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-14-2013, 09:23 AM   #12
NewtoBuggies
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Pulling Trailers?

with my cc ds in stock form I pulled my 2500# axle rated 6X10 utility trailer (wood floor and 1 ft wood sides loaded with 15 kids and their parents every Halloween in the neighborhood over a two to three hour time frame with out an issue. my cart is a 1992 cc DS 36volt. I also use it to get my trailer from the back yard and put it away when im done with it. food for thought even though the last post on this was in march or so.
NewtoBuggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO